Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 420334 times)

Jill Marie

Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2010, 07:21:45 pm »
WHERE IS EVERYONE, hopefully out getting some exercise. ;)  I went to the eye doctor today, got my right eye dilated, left can't be because it hurts to much, so they let me drive home with ointment in one eye and other one dilated, I made it but not sure I should have.  Now on to subject at hand, despite my current condition I walked to the bus with the dogs to meet my hubby, good 50 minute walk, wore a hat so the sun wouldn't bother my eye, in other words I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY EXCUSES, GET OUT THERE AND DOING SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOURSELF. ;D  My vision still isn't very good, hard to read the screen so will reply to other posts later.  :( Drill Instructor Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2010, 07:58:56 pm »
I did elliptical and upper body this morning, Jill. Going back tomorrow for an abbreviated yet intense session before helping my mother-in-law with her taxes.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Kaybo

« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2010, 08:03:34 pm »
Since I can't fix into any of my clothes anymore (I got rid of all the "big" ones), I guess I'll have to start going to the gym at 5 AM again. Planning on starting monday but I'll have to see how Kendie does the next few days...

K.  ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

texsooner

« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2010, 08:09:25 pm »
Did a 20 mile bike ride yesterday and 30 mile bike ride today after work in addition to doing weights both mornings at office gym.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2010, 08:24:59 pm »
Did 20 laps around gym perimeter this morning ...have yet to measure it off to figure laps per mile ...maybe in the morning ...

and walked from gym to office and back to gym VIA the maze of halls ... this is the same school that my
husband went to and has been added onto 3 times ...so from air probably looks a little patchwork ... the halls are maze like and what takes
about 3 minutes going out front gym door exit and across parking lot to office takes about 7 minutes going by way of the halls ...

walked across field and looked at new baby moo and then power walked back because momma moo didn't like company ... that was
about 2000 feet ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2010, 08:57:28 pm »
Jan, reporting in.

Been to the gym every day since Saturday - just got home from there as a matter of fact.  It's been a little tough making myself get there, especially since our weather has been incredibly beautiful the last few days (high 60's), and I've just wanted to sit in a lawn chair in the yard after coming home from work.

Earlier in the week my knees were in bad shape from running, so I've been laying off the last few days.  I switched to walking and using the recumbent bike.  Also working on the weight machines for my arms.  Feel much better - except for the knees, but they are getting there.  Main issue with them now is stiffness.  I have to remember I'm not in my 20's anymore  :'(

Weigh in @ Weight Watchers today.  So far I'm down 8.8 lbs  I have a VERY long way to go, but I'm optimistic.

Life is good!  Congrats to everyone else who's managed to get out there and move this week.  Keep up the good work!!!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2010, 09:09:32 pm »
8.8 pounds - SNAPS for you!  Keep up the good work!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2010, 09:12:28 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement, Kaybo  :-*

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jill Marie

« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2010, 09:41:22 pm »
Eye still dilated, now it's red & I have a terrible headache, tried to read posts but not doing to well.  Son leaves tomorrow for Military thing so will try and post this weekend.  Glad to see so many posts will read them soon!  Drill Jill 8)
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

texsooner

« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2010, 05:22:26 am »
Jan, great job on the 9 pounds (rounding up for you :)). Keep up the great work, but take care of the knees.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2010, 05:34:38 am »
Ok, bad news first......  I'm being laid off from my job after 10 yrs (last day of work is Mid-May) and bloke has been bringing home "comfort food".... now up 1 lbs..... plus, after the 10" of rain we got last weekend (our basement is still flooded), it was difficult to get out and walk...... the good news...... the weather cleared this week and I've been out with the dog for multiple walks... including last night... we did the "family stroll" (bloke's foot is in a foot brace for recent ankle/foot injury).... family stroll with dog was 1 mile :)  Local stations reporting nice weather through the weekend (until Monday... another 1" of rain due), so will do some gardening/raking (ie: clean up of storm debris) and more walking with the dog to help the cause.

Jan..... WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)  Congrats!

Kay, hoping Kendie is ok.... and listen to you all.... bike rides, walks, gym, etc......   MAJOR congrats!  As for the rest of the exercise/diet gang...... well done!  Stay the course, stay true to the goals.... and together, we can do this! :)

Thanks for the support folks!  I'm in and with you all!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2010, 05:35:35 am »
Awesome, Jan!  Keep it up!  Know what you mean about the knees - though my mind still thinks I'm 20ish, ok, 30ish, my body is quite set in the reality of being 50...I will continue to try to trick the body, though :D

Jill, hope you get to feeling better soon!

Have a great weekend, everyone! 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2010, 05:40:08 am »
Jan, that's so exciting! Now I met you at the symposium and I can't imagine that you have a very long way to go. Keep working the way you are and you will be there in no time.

I have been really lazy with my diet lately and rely on working out to keep my weight down. Your results are inspiring me to do both.

Keep up the good work, everyone. Today is short but intense cardio -- maybe stairstepper -- and abbreviated upper and lower for me as I have to help my MIL on taxes.

Sara

Phyl, I just read your post. So sorry about the job situation. I'll pray that something else, something wonderful, comes up for you very soon.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

cindyj

« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2010, 05:41:45 am »
Phyl, I hit the "post" button too quickly and then realized you had posted your bad news...wow, so sorry about that.  Know it's no comfort now, but you are not alone in losing a job after many years - I just keep hearing similar stories.  But, we know you, and your strength will get you through this.  My bet is that you will turn it into a positive and be all the better for it!  You know we're all here for you in virtual spirit!

Chin up, ok,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

lori67

« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2010, 06:29:59 am »
Jan, nice work!

Phyl, sorry to hear about the job.  They just announced some hiring about to happen here in Virginia Beach - why don't you come down here?   ;D

Busy week here, but sadly, none of it included formal exercise.  A few trips to the playground and a lot of walking around the neighborhood is about all.  We had running around to do all week.  Yesterday, I had a cyst removed from my arm, so I have to take it easy until the stiitches do their thing - they're in a bad spot, and the doctor doesn't want me to pull them out with too much activity.    Of course, that doesn't mean I can't move my legs..  :-[  Also in the process of closing on my house in TN (finally), so I've been tied to the phone and fax machine all week.

Today we'll be picking up the race packet for my 7 year old.  She's doing the Operation Smile Final Mile on Saturday morning.  I'm hoping that being around all those motivated people will be the kick in the pants I need to get moving a little more.

Good work to all the rest!  Keep it up!

Lori, slacking off in VB
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.