Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 421174 times)

Kaybo

Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #1050 on: July 21, 2011, 04:23:37 pm »
Soundy~ how are you feeling??

OK - so have still been walking/running (very slowly) - it has actually rained here a couple of days so I guess I missed yesterday, but have still been getting out other than that. 

I started Weight Watchers again today...anybody want to join me?  I figure I have the exercise thing done, now I just have to start eating better!!  This group is so great but I need a little accountability with the eating part.  I know me and I will certainly share my successes here!  I'm not going to count on the cruise next week or when Dave and I take our trip over Labor Day, though!!  Let me know!! 

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Mei Mei

« Reply #1051 on: July 21, 2011, 05:14:51 pm »
Hi Kaybo,
I'd join WW with you but now already bought the Dukan Diet.    I'm having my last meal tonight and then am starting with the Crash start tomorrow morning.   Have studied the book and ready to go.   I've gained a horrific 40 lbs so it's a real red flag.   None of my nice clothes fit.

What a coincidence that you posted this.   I'll be your support.   Check in with me any time!
In Good Health,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #1052 on: July 22, 2011, 04:52:24 am »
Thanks for well wishes ... Doing good and getting around OK... just a little sore ...worst part so far was sitting through church service ... sat tilted on one cheek and that felt better but then at end had to sit normally because my right leg fell asleep ... had some bruising going up back and down my legs ... that is yellowing now

Spent most of Tuesday bobbing around in the wave pool at Point Mallard ... it is salt water ... I just put my inner tube type float around me with arms crossed under shin  and floated about ... getting all weight off spine and tail bone felt good ...and have felt better since and swelling went down... I have been walking the dog in the yard and occasionally going to mail box that is a big 800 feet round trip ( kids measured it one time to see how many times the would have to walk to the mail box and back to make a mile )

so still moving just a little slower ... may go over to hay property and float in the creek ... hydro therapy  :) ... wish I could move the creek to front yard
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Mei Mei

« Reply #1053 on: July 22, 2011, 08:33:46 am »
Soundy,   That salt water place sounds awesome.   I'd be there every day if I lived near you.

Keep on going to help you heal well.

Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

allisjbh

• facebook
« Reply #1054 on: July 22, 2011, 02:09:06 pm »
Thank you, Jill! It was hard for ME to hike up the mountain. lol! I wish I could have kept up the momentum the days following instead of feeling like a floppy fish.

We just returned from vacation - lots of exercise walking on the beach, and from here to there and up the stairs! I think the extra sodium from eating out so much has caused about 5 lbs of water weight - ick! I'm working on drinking more water again and watching the salty foods.

Kay, I started Weight Watchers on Good Friday. I've lost 10 lbs, but I haven't been extremely motivated lately. I'd love to be your accountability partner.  :)   Let's get each other motivated!!!
ALLISON
2.8cm x 3.8cm AN translab 12/31/09 Emory Atl Drs Olson & Mattox;  right facial paralysis: "... (facial) nerve remarkably thin..." EMG 8/10; gold weight, tarrs, & browlift 1/11 Neufeld; facial sling implant & left eye bleph 4/11 Yellin

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #1055 on: July 24, 2011, 09:35:28 am »
I've made all of my workouts for six weeks running. I am not happy with my progress so probably need to take a closer look at my diet.

It's supposed to be a little cooler this week, low- instead of upper-90s. That's got to make the runners and bikers among us happy!

Soundy - hope that tailbone is healing quickly. Prayers for Bo continuing as well.

Have a great week, everyone - stay active and well-hydrated.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Mei Mei

« Reply #1056 on: July 24, 2011, 08:27:09 pm »
yes, have a great week ALL.   I've been wondering if I moved to Hades by accident.   Thank goodness my gym is air conditioned.   I get off restrictions from exercise Aug 1 which is coming around the bend.   Can't wait to be active again.   Does anyone want to be a diet partner with me?
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #1057 on: July 24, 2011, 10:07:47 pm »
You guys are all just too good for me.

I haven't done barely anything in the way of exercising on a regular basis  :P

The weather here has been horrendously hot and humid and I've had way too much to do both at work and at home to even get in the neighborhood of the gym.

Yes, I know - excuses, excuses.

I spent the weekend working at our high school's carnival and that was about it.

I'm thinking about exercising and I know darn well that I really need to lose some weight, but so far that's about as far as I've gotten.

UGH!!!  Must get my sh*t together!! ::)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #1058 on: July 26, 2011, 09:07:27 pm »
OK Girls!!  How that exercise AND what we are eating going??

I am still walking/running everyday - lately I have been going at night but I need some sun before we leave Friday for our cruise!!

I won't be counting points then!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Mei Mei

« Reply #1059 on: July 26, 2011, 09:18:11 pm »
No, once you're on a cruise...there's no stopping you.   You've been good about the running every day and in this heat no less.   There are times when being back is OK.   Where are you going ?   I hope someplace cool, like an Alaskan or Icelandic cruise?
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Kaybo

« Reply #1060 on: July 26, 2011, 10:01:14 pm »
NOPE...Caribbean, but that is OK - I like hot, sun, beach and ocean!!   ;)  My husband's whole family (24) will be going - it should be a fun time!

I'm sure that I will be somewhat conscientious of what I am putting in my mouth but I bet it won't stop me!!  :o

Of course, I will be hitting it hard & heavy when I get back again though...

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jill Marie

« Reply #1061 on: July 26, 2011, 11:28:30 pm »
Been in a rut lately, work, working on the weekend to get ready to go back to work and working on building the deck.  Went to a cousins wedding Saturday then to a Champagne Brunch Sunday, not a good idea weight wise.  It was $35 a person, had to get my monies worth.   In an attempt to stay out of my rut I took the dogs for a walk at 8:30 this evening.  I usually walk them not long after I get home but it was really windy(didn't want to get dust in my eye) so I decided not to.  After dinner and dishes were done I told my Hubby I was heading out, he asked where I got the burst of energy, I told him it was a burst of guilt.  Between looking at the puppy dog eyes and thinking about how much better I feel after I get some exercise I decided to take advantage of the fact that it's still light enough to walk.  Loved the walk, no wind, cool out & no traffic.  Should sleep good tonight, think I'll give it a try now!  Jill 8)
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Kaybo

« Reply #1062 on: July 27, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »
OK, so I didn't want to post earlier today but can now:

I walked my longer route today - about 4 miles and I guess I sweated off a bit...I went weigh in, convinced I had lost NOTHING!! I was so frustrated on the way b/c MY scales had not showed a change. HOWEVER, to my surprise, I had lost 3.4 pounds!! I know it doesn't sound like much, but I will take it. just had to share!!

;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #1063 on: July 27, 2011, 10:36:38 pm »
LIKE!
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #1064 on: July 28, 2011, 06:44:13 am »
Yaaaaaay, Kay!!   :-X

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011