Author Topic: My Four Week Post Op report...  (Read 6850 times)

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
Re: My Four Week Post Op report...
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 04:25:53 pm »
Ooooh, ok.  I haven't had any of the jaw soreness that some of you have been talking about, but I had retrosigmoid and you guys had Middle Fossa, so that explains the difference.   The muscles they cut for my procedure were in the back of my neck, thus the horrendous headaches I had the first two weeks after surgery.  So, like everything else in the fun world of ANs, if it isn't one thing, it's the other!  :D
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 07:33:12 pm »
My doctors had told me ahead about the jaw cutting with Middle Fossa.   Our church does meals, etc. for people with surgeries and since they knew this they sarted with soups and softer foods.  I think though at about 6 weeks I got to quit smashing my food (like a sanwhich) down  in order fit in my mouth  :)

Jay, my stitches were blue, so we'd know for sure if they missed one, but I have now got what looks like an ingrown hair (?) on my scar line....hmmm

W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 11:39:59 pm »
Denise, yeahhhh, that stitch IS blue....and I can't get it out...that sucker is REALLY stuck in there...I have just enough to pull it with tweezers, but it won't budge. I even tried using hemostats and it's so stuck it still manages to slip off...anyone have any suggestions on how to get them out?
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 07:20:11 am »
With so many infections going on I would suggest just have your primary doctor do it rather be safe ???

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.