Author Topic: My ears have gone crazy--help  (Read 2339 times)

arkansasfarmgirl

My ears have gone crazy--help
« on: January 03, 2010, 12:15:30 pm »
I wore my BAHA for exactly a week.  I got it right before Christmas and couldn't get the programming tweaks done right away--I was getting feedback from higher pitched tones like women's and children's voices, music, and the phone ringing.  On Christmas morning, I woke up with those same tones sounding synthesized--without my BAHA on my head.

It freaked me out a bit, but I chalked it up to my nerve had gotten irritated from the feedback and needed a rest.  So I haven't worn my BAHA since.  (still haven't found time to get it fixed)  By that night, all was well.  Fast forward to New Year's Day:  I again woke up to those sounds being messed up and it lasted all day.  Next morning I was fine.  This morning, it started out that way a little bit but has subsided.  It seems to have something to do with my head being stuffy.

Anybody else had this happen? 

Vonda

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: My ears have gone crazy--help
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:33:05 pm »
I don't have a BP100 yet - I wear a Divino - but this has never happened to me.

Sounds like you need to visit your audiologist to have the programming tweaked.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sefra22

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 06:39:29 pm »
Hi Vonda,

I had a lot of issues with feedback when I first got my BP100, but never when it wasn't on my head.

When you do see your audiologist, have him/her try turning the feedback manager off. This worked wonders for me, especially since I am exposed to a lot of alarms and such at work.

Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

arkansasfarmgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 02:26:55 pm »
Well, I still haven't seen my audiologist.  The day I was going to, the roads were icy and since I have to drive over 100 miles to get there, I cancelled.  :-(  But after a week of having my hearing messed up, I called my ENT and he thinks my eustachian tube is swollen and called me in some nasal spray.  So we'll see if that fixes things.  Thanks for the tip about the feedback manager, I will be sure and mention that when I go in for my program tweaking.  :-)

Vonda