Author Topic: Marie is a postie!  (Read 10342 times)

gingerbread6

Re: Marie is a postie!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 05:49:09 am »
Hi Guys,

I'm home, as of last nite. Thank God, all went well. Thanks for all the support and prayers. In pain from incision and neck, hip getting better but sill an issue. Slight right side facial weakness, Dr. said no problem, will come back. Balance nerve cut, got all the tumor, bigger than they thought. Starting pressing into brain. Nice to be home. Nurses were all great in ICU and on Neruo step down unit. All set on the meds, decadron, pepcid, and percocet for now. Starting to eat small meals, nausea gone.

Yes, Jay the magic scarf worked it's wonders Much thanks to my good friend Erin for keep you updated.

Gotta get back to the recliner.

Happy New Year to you all,

Marie

Lynn Mc

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 06:02:53 am »
Wonderful that you are home!!  Glad to hear that everything is coming together.  Going to be a super New Year for you. 

Happy New Year &  a Speedy Recovery,
Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

epc1970

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 06:12:51 am »
Marie
Thanks are not necessary....we An'ers must stick together. I can't believe you are home!!!! Call me when you feel up to it-I would love to hear your voice. I'm so happy you are home. Rest, rest, rest and do what the Dr tells you to do!
Erin

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 06:27:45 am »
Marie, so great to hear from you as a postie!!!!  Congratulations on surviving the dreaded 3 and I promise it does get better from here.  I'm only a little ahead of you, but it truly has gotten better every day.

I'm so glad they were able to get all of the tumor and still preserve your facial nerve.  Now rest and get better.  We're all cheering you on in your recovery!!!

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 08:51:34 am »
So glad you are home and have all your medications even you do not need them it is best to have them on hand.  Hope you have a speedy recovery just take one day at a time and have a safe and Happy New Year.

Regards,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 02:59:53 pm »
Hi Marie,

Fantastic ;D

Glad to read that you are home, and quick too.  We hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Getting the surgery behind you is a good way to start the New Year.

Welcome home, and Happy New Year to you and your family,

Rich & Scarlett

P.S. Thanks again Erin for the updates, it was greatly appreciated ;)
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 03:28:54 pm »
Hi, Marie - and welcome home!

I'm delighted to learn about what apparently was a very successful surgery and now, your steady improvement.  Although it's great to read a message from a newly-minted 'postie', I think everyone will understand if you take it easy and aren't  too active on the forums for awhile.  Rest, relax, heal - and post when you're up to it.  We'll be here.  :)

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 07:51:44 pm »
MARIE,
Glad to hear you are home.....get your rest and take care of yourself!!  Hopefully your hip gets to feeling well soon too so you can work on your walking/balance.  Hear  :) from you soon.

ERIN,
Thanks for posting and also commenting about the dispute on the ICU charges.  I ALSO had to stay in an ICU room for my whole stay at my hospital because there wasn't a room available.  (So, I'll have to watch when the bills start coming in) :-)   
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

epc1970

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 07:44:58 am »
Denise
Definitley watch your bill. I have to thank my mom for knowing to  do that. Before she retired she was a CICU nurse and she was the one to sugest to watch out for that and sure enough they charged me for three days in the ICU instead of one. It was a big enough difference that not only did my insurance company get a credit from the hospital but I did not have to pay the $2,700 bill that was left over after insurance. All it took was one phone call and a letter and it was cleared up!
Erin

Tamster

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 12:28:13 pm »
Happy New Year to you too, Marie!
Glad your surgery is behind you and you're on the postie side of this. Do take it easy. This one is definitely a marathon, not a sprint. Glad you're not nauseous. I still am having to deal with that and it gets tiresome. On the other hand you have aches I didn't have. I'm so glad you've gotten a good result though, from your surgery. That's great news. Now the healing can begin!

Tam
6mm AN left side, diagnosed Sept 22, 2009
Middle Fossa  December 8th 2009,  Drs. Brackmann and Schwartz.
Facial nerve preserved, tumor out, SSD. tinnitus.

Life isn't t about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/Tamst

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 04:29:15 pm »
Yayyyy Marie!!! So Glad you are home! Now comes the fun part, trying not to do much and behaving!! Oh yeah, and trying to sleep...:) Now you'll have to scan the forum and find another person who'll receive the magic scarf! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 04:01:36 pm »
Marie

xoxoxoxooxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox *takes a deep breath* xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

'nuff said! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lynn Mc

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 12:03:01 pm »
Hey Marie,

Just checking to see how your recovery is going.  Hope all is going well.

Lynn
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

Lynn Mc

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 08:35:51 am »
Marie,

Thank you so much for the MAGIC SCARF.  I really appreciate the boost it has given me.  I really would like to see an update from you as to how you are doing.  You have not posted anything in quite some time????

Hope all is well & you are recovering in record time.

Thinking of you.

Lynn
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

epc1970

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 09:11:52 am »
Hi everyone!
Marie's computer has caught a virus so it is down. I did speak with her yesterday and she is doing really well. She had her two week post op visit last week and her Dr is pleased with her progress. She still has fatigue and balance challenges but nothing out of the ordinary. She has had a lot of support from family and friends to get her thru! Good luck with your surgery Lynn.....you will do great! Let us know how you are doing when you can.
ERin