Author Topic: Botox  (Read 3551 times)

ombrerose4

Botox
« on: December 24, 2009, 02:07:52 pm »
I just wanted to share with my fellow headache sufferers that my doctor agreed to fit me in his schedule today and I got my injections. He gave them to me in four or five (can't remember) different locations- around surgery site and by my neck muscles. He told me it takes 4-5 days for the full effect and should last between 2-4 months.
It was a little painfull but nothing compared to migraines twice a day. The price wasn't bad either- $110 for 20 units of a 100 unit bottle. so I will keep you informed and let you know how it goes-wish me luck :)!And Happy Holidays to ALL!
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Botox
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 09:31:28 am »
Hey ombrerose!

I am really excited for you--I get mine the 19th after 7 years.  My previous insurance would not cover the injections at all, but now that I have Medicare, they will pick up all but about $200 of it.  My doc quoted me at $800 at first.    Keep us posted on how they work.  Neck pain is a big issue for me, too, and where all my headaches start.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 12:36:35 pm »
Very odd that your doc said it would take 4-5 days to kick in and mine said 3-4 weeks. Hmmmm......

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

GeorgiaMei

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 08:32:25 pm »
Congrats to you both!  I hope the botox i helping! I had botox injections several weeks ago, and I can definitely feel a difference.  Almost nothing but opiods (and acupuncture) has helped me, but I think this may!  My doc said 5 days before I "start" to feel anything and 2 weeks before I will probably notice a difference.  It is supposed to peak at 6 weeks and last 2-3 months.  How have you both been feeling?  Any neck pain after the injections?  About 5 days after the injections (I had around 8) I had severe neck pain at the sight of injections, and stiffness. It went away after about 4 days and now I feel better. 

Here's hoping it helps you too!
Karen
3.3cm x 2.6cm : Translab resect 3/08
Post-op epilepsy , multiple clots in brain sinuses
Chronic H/A, Facial paralysis, Imbalance, Vertigo
CN VIII removed-deaf in R ear
Received amazing care from Drs. Roberson and Colen at CEI/Stanford (www.californiaearinstitute.com)

bell

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 10:27:32 am »
I am frustrated, no botox for me.  My doctor wanted to try a different drug again before botox.  Uggh.
Now I am still on Divalproex 1000mg  and Tizanidine 4mg at night.  (Which really did not work for 2 months anyways).  Now he added  a 7 day course of Prednisone .  The  ween off of Pred. was horrible.  Then he added Nortriptyline(Pamelor). 25 mg for 7 days then 50m mg after.  Not working.  My vision was changing allittle before and now  also blurry and I really have the shakes, I can not function like this.  My stomach is also in knots but hopefully will stay ok with Prilosec.  I will call today and see what is next step  but I will not continue with Pamelor . 
Some days I take an Aleeve to just feel better.  If I could only stick with an Aleeve that would be good.
Good luck to everyone and I will stay posted thank you for everything, 
   Belll