Author Topic: New Postie  (Read 11615 times)

gingerbread6

Re: New Postie
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 05:06:19 am »
Hi Bren,

How are you.. I hear you about everything. I have all the same issues too. just take it slow and easy. one day at a time. Hey, we got thru major brain surgery and are still here to talk about it. let Bret and your family take care of you. thinking of you each day as we recoup together... hand in there. my alarm just went off for my next dose of steriods, gotta keep those meds coming...

It's hard on the computer, I hear you. I just do what I can. Hey, it's snowing here, and so pretty... Enjoy you day.

Let friends pamper you too. I got a yummy veggie lasagna yesterday, and an edible arrangement fruit basket..

Happy, Healthy New Year in 2010.

Gingerbread 6 

Marie

Sobes

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 06:45:33 pm »
Hi Marie,
This is Brenda's hubby Bret.  She wanted me to let you know that you have been in her prayers and she is so thankful you are doing well on the road to recovery.  Congratulations Postie!

Bren finished her last of steroid two days ago and is hoping to now get some now much needed rest.  she still has visual issues but things seem to be getting better each day.  her post op appt is on monday.  She is looking forward talking with you once you are both feeling better. 

Hi everyone,
Bren wants to say thanks for all the congrats and support from everyone on here  :)

Bret (Bren's hubby)
Small AN, left side, Oct. 22 2009
Surgery Dec. 22 @ UW Madison (wonderful doctors)
SSD (left side)

gingerbread6

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 04:16:57 am »
Hey Bret,

Thanks for tyoping for Bren. As you can see, my eyes are out of focus too. I have one weak eye on right too. gotta use fake tears. doctor said that will come back. Yeah, it's a slow healing progrss but we all hve to hang in there. Good luck with her post op. I'm calling for my appt tomorrow. gotta wash my hair!!!! Tell her I feel like hop along Cassidy, using a walking stick with my hip out ot joint... and as wobbly as hell..... the steriods stink..... My last day on them will be Frday.  hurrah. appetite is coming back though..

Tell Bren I love and miss her....

Take care, rest up and be strong... 2010 wil be the best year for us all..

Marie

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 03:18:46 pm »
I don't want to sound rude, but using your eyes too quickly may also delay the healing of them. 

Denise -

I've never heard of this.  Any medical data behind it? 

While you don't want to overdo anything post op, I always heard that using your eyes, walking (to help your balance), etc. were all good things to do post op and will help patients get back "on track" sooner.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 03:38:00 pm »
I have to say that I was wondering about the eye thing too...while you obviously don't want to do anything big to hinder your healing (lifting 100 lbs!), my Dr. always said that the more I did, the better I would feel and it would sped up my overall healing.  It all boils down to listening to your body and avoiding doing things to the point of exhaustion...

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 06:45:27 pm »
I forgot my surgeon said if you don't use it you will lose it........of course within reason
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

michelle d.

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 08:32:53 pm »
Hi  :)  I'm new to this but I just wanted to let Bret & Brenda know that I'm praying for them and to hang in there, it gets better!  I had acoustic neuroma removed (translab) Nov. 13th and I'm already feeling pretty much back to normal and I swam laps for the first time since surgery yesterday! Those first  few weeks were tough but  every day I felt a little bit stronger and did a little bit more.  Make sure, both of you, to REST when your body says to. :)   I'll be back--~michelle~
Acoustic Neuroma on right side--removed Nov. 13th, 2009 @ Strong Hospital, Rochester, NY....Translab.   50 years old

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 07:12:32 pm »
Well, sounds like Donnalynn got to most of it before me (thanks for great info.)  Maybe my warnings were also more due to additional brain swelling??

BUT, the way my doctor put it was that the eyes are controlled with nerves and muscles too, just like all the other stuff, you NEED to exercise them, but also rest them and don't over do it.  It will put strain on them.     Hopefully that makes sense.

Take care Bren..
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 07:15:14 pm »
Oops, forgot, don't forget with most computers you can go t the View at the top and make the text size and zoom larger.   Best thing to do when starting back on computer!!  ;)
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI