Author Topic: New Postie  (Read 11621 times)

gingerbread6

Re: New Postie
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 07:22:38 am »
Hi Bret,

Thanks so much for the update. Thank God, the surgery was successful!! You go Bren, you rocked i!! My prayers have been answered. Rest up, and stay strong.

Bret, please give Bren my regards and well wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope she is home soon. Best wishes to you both for a very Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year!!!

Bren, I'm allset for my surgery on Monday, the 28th in Boston. I'm following in your footsteps and will wear the "magic scarf" in support for all of us!!! I am upbeat, and strong and can't wait to be on the "postie" side too.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow forum friends, and a Happy, Healthy New Year!!

May God Bless us all,

Gingerbread 6

Marie

loose screws (tightened)

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 10:46:03 pm »
Sounds great, hearing preserved and no facial issues. It doesn't get better then that. Congratulations.

Mike
47 Y/O. diagnosed AN After MRI. 4X5X7mm within the right auditory canal. Slight hearing loss, ringing in ear, vertigo. Middle fossa with House Ear Clinics Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz on 11-16-09. 6 new tightened titanium screws but no more hearing.
http://mikessurgery.blogspot.com/

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2009, 09:57:22 pm »
Yayyy, sounds like she did very well! Thanks for the update!!!! Tell her welcome to the "December Postie" club! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 02:20:07 pm »
Terrific news, thanks for updating us!
Tell Brenda to take it slow, rest and heal that is her job now!
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Sobes

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 05:48:18 am »
Hi Everyone,

I hope you will be a ble to read this. My vision is very bad and typing is so difficult. Thank you all for your kind words and it feels great to be a postie! I know there are many more following in postie land and wish you all well. I haven't been on to much as I sure haven't felt good. So much pressure in my head and ear, etc. Most of this is probably normal, but still strange to me. Cannot wait to wash my hair! lol;) The docs said that the tumor was bigger than they had thought and when they removed the final bones the tumor "expanded" right away and was also much deeper in the canal than they thought. Have to go now, but hope to get back here again soon. I cannot see anymore. hugs

Bren~
Small AN, left side, Oct. 22 2009
Surgery Dec. 22 @ UW Madison (wonderful doctors)
SSD (left side)

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 06:33:10 am »
Hooray, Bren!!!

Great to hear from you, but I am sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well just yet.  I'll give you the advice that the wise people on this board keep giving me, "be patient because it does get better!"  I think I expected an immediate recovery, but that isn't realistic.  I am feeling a lot better though, and I know you will soon too!

I'm so happy that you are a postie.  The worst is behind us and it is all looking better ahead!!!  Rest and feel better.

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 08:48:50 am »
So glad to see that at least you are able to be on the computer that is a good sign, you just have to be patient and just take one step at a time do not overdo it !! Hope you have a speedy recovery and a Happy New Year.

Regards,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

epc1970

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 09:11:43 am »
Bren
I think that Lyn put it best! It just takes time and things do get better. All of these nerves and your poor brain need time to heal but it does happen. Just keep telling yourself that. Happy New Year as a postie!
ERin

moe

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 09:50:05 am »
Bren,
Congratulations on a successful surgery, and so nice to see you posting!
Now go rest and get off the computer!
Really, just rest, sleep, walk, drink plenty of fluids, and don't do a lot of bending over. Got one of those grabbie things? I love em. Have on in the pantry for the shelves.
Baby yourself, you have been through a lot.
Happy New Year!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 10:31:31 am »
Bren -

great to see you back  ;D  The things you are currently experiencing are usually due to being in early recovery; they should improve in time.

Thanks for checking in - and thank your husband for keeping us updated.

Get some rest.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 03:14:33 pm »
Hi Brenda,

Sorry that you are still not feeling very well, but it is good to see you posting again.

Scarlett had trouble in the beginning looking at the computer also.

Hope the pressure subsides soon, and that your able to enjoy the "Happy New Year",

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2009, 03:45:11 pm »
Brenda ~

I hope you can accommodate yet another 'welcome home' - from me.  :)

You're only 9 days post-op and it was major surgery, which always has residual effect in terms of fatigue and healing of the affected nerves.  Give yourself a little more time.  Your vision will improve and you can post messages then.  For now, relax and just 'chill out'.  We'll all be here and looking forward to reading about your progress. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 06:07:03 pm »
Brenda~
Good to hear from YOU!  Listen to your body - it will lead you in its needs!  It WILL all get better...

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 06:51:14 pm »
Hey Bren,
Good to hear from you, I don't want to sound rude, but using your eyes too quickly may also delay the healing of them.  Maybe try to get Bret to post for you for a bit until  you can at least cover your bad eye and see perfect out your good eye.   Take care and hope you get good rest!!

Happy New Year to you and Bret!!!
Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

cecile k

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2010, 11:15:43 am »
Hi Bren:

Great to read that you are through surgery and recovering!

I agree with Denise - let others post for you for a while. Give yourself lots of rest and let your body heal.

Wishing you and everyone on this forum a Happy New Year!

Cecile