Author Topic: FINALLY got my BP100!!!!!!!!!!! Woo-freakin-hoo!!!  (Read 2410 times)

arkansasfarmgirl

FINALLY got my BP100!!!!!!!!!!! Woo-freakin-hoo!!!
« on: December 17, 2009, 03:39:45 pm »
Merry Christmas to me!  I got my BP100 yesterday and it is officially awesome.  :-D

I had my BAHA surgery in Nov 2008, at the same time as my AN surgery, but due to some healing problems, procrastination, miscommunication, and then waiting while my device was backordered for months, I finally have it.  It was immediately awesome--I went shopping at the mall and could hear.  I could talk on the phone and hear what was going on around me.  My son could whisper in my ear on my bad side and I could hear him.  I even noticed that I was already finding sounds better, which I didn't expect at all.

And then I dropped it.  Twice.  I was changing into my pj's to put the baby to bed and when I peeled my shirt off, my processor popped off and fell on my wood floor.  And then when I picked it up it squealed at me, I was startled, and dropped it again.  Ugh.  I *think* it was from the battery door being knocked slightly off, as it quit most of the squealing after I fiddled with it.  I'm having some feedback issues with high pitched noises and I didn't get to wear it long enough to know if I was having that problem before I dropped it.  (high pitched, like me singing, which it's Christmas so I'm singing carols all the time LOL, and my daughter's voice, and the phone ringing)

It's so nice to hear though.  :-)))))))

Anybody else hear their hair moving all the time?  That's kind of bugging me--don't know if I'll learn to tune that out or not.

Vonda

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: FINALLY got my BP100!!!!!!!!!!! Woo-freakin-hoo!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 04:29:36 pm »
Great news, Vonda. I'm so happy for you.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:04:15 pm »
Okay, NOW I'm really jealous..  Congrats on getting your BP100.  I can't comment on hearing your hair or anything else for that matter because I don't have one, but I'm thrilled you got yours.. 

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:05:13 pm »
Congrats, Vonda.

I can relate to your euphoria.  I can't wait to get my upgrade in January or February.

Enjoy your improved hearing  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sefra22

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 09:15:50 pm »
Hi Vonda,
I have had my BP100 since September. After a few tweaks in the programming it is now working great.

At first, "hearing my hair" was really annoying, but my Dr. and Audiologist told me I would get used to it. I didn't believe I would, but after a few weeks, I did. I still hear it on occasion, especially after I first put it on, but it's much better that it was at first.

Congratulations!
Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009