Author Topic: For "the girls"--phone tree  (Read 26365 times)

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: For "the girls"--phone tree
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 12:39:07 pm »
If mine does, honestly, it's beyond my knowledge on how to do it  :(

We need to advertise for some techie nerds to help us with this.  Or we could do some kind of sign up grid with those who are really needing the voice reassurance speaking up for first dibs.
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 12:42:38 pm »
I can do the techie-nerd... just need to know who all has 3-way call capabilities to do this! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nannettesea

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 01:08:05 pm »
Hello again,
I can also do three-way on my cell, but maybe Phyl or another person can do one from hers/theirs, also, totalling six people.

Not to make this too complicated...I don't know how many we should have on each call--to give everyone a chance to talk, maybe six is the max per call?  Is that too many?  Or we could have two calls/week, with different groups for each call?  I don't want anyone to feel obligated to participate, but at the same time it would give me, for one, something to look forward to...

What does everyone think?

1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 01:37:53 pm »
Nan, if you and I can do 3-way calls on 3 phones (I got 2, you got 1), I think we are great! Does your phone have a speaker phone on it? My 2 mobiles have speaker phones, which made it easier for all to hear each other.,.. and last week, I even learned when not to speak so others could!  (I know! I know! Unheardof!!!!!!)

So, if you have speaker phone and 3-way call, what I can do is get 2 people on one of my mobiles, get 1 more on my 2nd, then call you from my 2nd. So, I would have 3 people, then myself, for 4 total. I can call you, which makes 5, then you call another to make 6. 

If anyone else has 3-way dialing, please let me know!   This will be easier than it sounds, trust me! :)

Phyl

Hello again,
I can also do three-way on my cell, but maybe Phyl or another person can do one from hers/theirs, also, totalling six people.

Not to make this too complicated...I don't know how many we should have on each call--to give everyone a chance to talk, maybe six is the max per call?  Is that too many?  Or we could have two calls/week, with different groups for each call?  I don't want anyone to feel obligated to participate, but at the same time it would give me, for one, something to look forward to...

What does everyone think?

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

BP Wench

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 01:49:25 pm »
Phyl were you a phone operator in your previous life?  You know yahoo has voice software all you need is a headset and we should all be able to talk through the computer?? 

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 01:52:35 pm »
I do have Skype...anyone else got Skype? That works as well! :) Great idea battywench!

...and no... but, I do technology for a living AND am office mgr so I set up these things all the time....  :)

nannettesea

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 04:03:35 pm »
Boy, Phyl, I'm in the dark ages next to you!  I don't think I have a speaker phone, but I can manage calling one person... :D

So, since I can't do this without you ;D, do you want to let us know on Thursday if you can do it on Friday night?  Need a vote on 6 or 7 pm PST.

I've got phone numbers for two, plus me, so we still need Cap'n Deb and Batty--you may have those.  I gave you mine.

This is exciting!  Oops, guess we know how fun-filled Nan's days are...but hey, I made chicken soup today--a very big deal for me. :)
Nan
Trans-lab approach
8/29/05

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 04:51:19 pm »
Hi "girls only site"

Thought I'd but in here. be careful with skype, its like msn messenger. Once you log in, you are open to very nasty attacks that will destroy your machines. Skype has serious security flaws and MSN messenger - well, i told my daughter not to use it, so as a good teenager, she did - typical. In 5 minutes, she had 42 serious spyware infections and 4 viruses attempts. The viruses were stopped but the spyware got through. One of those spywares was impossible to remove - I used 4 commercial anti spyware products but it wouldn't let go so i had to completely re build her machine.

Sorry to intervene but just had to have a peeky boo at what you wild wenches are up to.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2006, 05:15:10 pm »
Yikes!
Dr. Love and I live up in the mountains and our cells only work if we go outside or if I moosh my head on the window upstairs. Cuts out all the time too. Unfortunately it is our only long-distance out-go--we OH MY! I'm watching a video on VH1 country that was filmed on ST. John!  Some cutie rollin on the beach with his honey a la "From Here to Eternity." Looks like fun!
Oh where was I, oh yes. Our land line doesn't call out long distance.  OH MY--Billy Currington is in the video--well we'll have to go get him, too won't we!  Oh where was I, oh yes anyway--so someone will have to call me till we get more powerful cells--OH MY! Keith is on now-he's got great hair! Cute bunz, too and he plays the banjo!
Jeez--my short term memory loss makes me forget to take my ADD medicine!
Call me!

What were we talking about?
Captain Deb

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

nannettesea

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2006, 06:11:37 pm »
Thanks, Laz, for the info.  I don't know about Skype, I may not even have a computer in a month--long story.  Have to figure it out--this forum is one of my lifelines....

Cap'n Deb, so we can call in to your cell?  10 pm too late on Friday, or is it okay?
Nan
Trans-lab approach
8/29/05

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 06:15:58 pm »
You'll have to call my land-line--Phyll has the # my cell is just to unreliable here! 10:00 is just great for me!
CD
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 09:22:23 pm »
Laz,

Does Skype have a patch for the security issues yet? I use it for work at well (on my office computer to talk to my rep in London... NO, not the CB but my actual sales rep)......

Deb, got that #. You're all set!
Nan, 10pm PST works for me (ok, 6pm for all you East Coast folks!)

Ok, please make official list here of who all wants in on the call Friday night so I can try to coordinate the calls, ok? 

1.  Me! :)
2. Nan
3. Capt'n Deb
4. DeniseSmith
5. Gennysmom?
6. Batty-wench?

folks, post if you want to join us! Thanks!

P

BP Wench

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 10:22:18 pm »
Yes count the wench in...I wanna be the princess..I was having so much fun as the princess!

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 10:39:40 pm »
Of course I'm in!  I'm always here for all you wenches! 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

DeniseSmith

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2006, 07:22:49 am »
okay, sounds good for me.

Friday 3/31, 7:00pm CST right?

i will have to remember to put my phone in my pocket, so i will hear or feel it ringing. don't know about you guys but even on the loudest ring i have no clue. my son is always saying your purse is ringing.   love those 13 year olds!