Author Topic: Macedonia AN patient needs help  (Read 3247 times)

Zoki Grncarovski

Macedonia AN patient needs help
« on: October 19, 2009, 03:45:53 pm »
I am 23 old boy from Macedonia , at 07.04.2007 in ukc Ljubljana ( Sloenija ) by Prof Dr Vinko Dolenc i was operated , and he told me that my cranial nerve is ok , and  after 6 - 8 mounth i will full recovery but it isnt , from the suergery past 18 mounth but my recovery is very slow ,i can move my lipss a leatle almost nothing , i am very disappointed and very unhappy . enyone who think that can help me with some : advice ,therapy or some exercises for fastest recovery . Soryy for my bad english and i hope that some gona help me

Zoki Grncarovski

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 06:40:35 pm »
Beafore the suergery i havent any problems like : headakes ,facial paralize or lost my balance .The first simptoms was : lost hearing from right ear and MRI shows LARGE TUMOR almost 5 cm and push the cranial nerve . The first weaks after the suergery i cant focus in one point but after few weaks it come back now i can focus in one point .With the balance i havent eye problems after the surgery . The DR told me that for facial therapy ist necesary , and after 6-8 mounts evrything be all right but form the day of my suegery past 18 mounts and i have very low progres with my face so if u have any usefulli information pls send me at my email address under my name.

Emails and personal messages can be sent using the icons below your name. We try to keep them out of the posts to avoid spam problems. SG
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 08:02:38 pm by sgerrard »

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 07:35:43 am »
Hi Zoki-

Sounds like you are I are at about the same time frame - I had surgery on 30 April 2008. I still have some facial problems, but have recovered to about 80%.  You might ask your surgeon for a referral to a facial therapist as this will definitely help to make sure that the nerves heal well.  There is also a great bit on the Bells Palsy website that might help you - here is the link:

http://www.bellspalsy.ws/exercise.htm

Sending you good thoughts.

Debbi (New Jersey)
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

mk

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 08:00:08 am »
Hi Zoki,

there is a girl from Bulgaria here on the Forum, who had a very large AN and had her operation in Germany. She did experience some facial paralysis afterwards, and I know she has done a lot of research on this. Her user name here on the forum is Hrissy, she hasn't posted for some time, but I am sure she will reply if you send her a PM. She may have some information about medical centres in the area, since it is so close by.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
Re: Macedonia AN patient needs help
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 09:24:55 am »
Hey Mariana! It was a sheer luck (or fate  ;)) to read this tread! Thank you for remembering me! I remember you all, be sure, and keeping in touch with some of you on facebook.com! I have to admit I am more active there (shame!)

So I am ready to help this Macedonian guy Zoki, if s/he has any questions.

My face is symetrical alredy, a year after the surgery but only when I stay calm. Once I open my mouth to speak it is visible for the rest there is something wrong. I am struggling with some synkenesis and have had a number of facial massages but I doubt they will help.

Zoki, I have a google group for AN patients and it is in Bulgarian. I guess it will be even easier for you to read it. I will be happy to see you there!  :)

Please as much as you want, I am totally ready to answer!

Bye By for now guys, running to lectures!
More soon....

hugs,
Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co