Author Topic: all booked and ?ready? to go.  (Read 8203 times)

moe

Re: all booked and ?ready? to go.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 08:54:25 am »
Nikki,
Disappointed? That's a nice word! Excited to see Vancouver-that's great! See you are already looking on the bright side of things!

How frustrating for you, but like Alicia said hopefully you can enjoy those October things (I LOVED that month when my kids were younger!).

I got the run around with my surgery date and location, though I was strangely calm, because I knew it would all would work out in the end, and it was a slow growing benign tumor anyway. I was too busy to really worry all the time. Sounds like you are too. (busy that is)
Mine's a long story so won't bore you, but know that things do happen for a reason.

Let us know what the date ends up being and we're here for you all the way :)

And Laurie, you too- let us know how things go preop!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

mk

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 09:09:01 am »
Nikki,

who are you consulting with in Vancouver? Adrienne from the forum, as well as other ANers in BC have had excellent results with Dr. Akagami.  I don't think you can go wrong with him. And, does OHIP cover an out of province surgery? Do they need justification for out of province treatment that is also offered in Ontario?

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

opp2

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 09:10:03 pm »
Nikki,

who are you consulting with in Vancouver? Adrienne from the forum, as well as other ANers in BC have had excellent results with Dr. Akagami.  I don't think you can go wrong with him. And, does OHIP cover an out of province surgery? Do they need justification for out of province treatment that is also offered in Ontario?

Marianna

Yes, Marianna, I am seeing Dr. Akagami. I've been told that OHIP will pay for it given the reasons I gave him that I wanted to see him. I'm just in the preliminary stages right now. I don't even have a consult date. We are members of club intrawest so we are hoping to use our membership to stay at a cool hotel a few minutes from the hospital for the consult. That will be a highlight. I feel like a real jet setter, but truthfully between intrawest points and Avion points we should be able to feel like jet setters without the high cost of Jetting! .

Emotional roller coaster is the most appropriate description I can think of... well said Alicia!

**edited to compensate for the afternoon shift cocktails at a retirement party I went too. I had a great time, and hope to be able to see my retirement after 33 years with my service.

What a crazy life we live. Challenges we face. Triumphs, trials, tribulations!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:53:03 pm by opp2 »
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.