Author Topic: Baha surgery next month if alll goes well  (Read 2193 times)

tenai98

Baha surgery next month if alll goes well
« on: August 28, 2009, 01:58:15 pm »
Just saw ENT and audiologist and if they can, they will get me in early Sept for the BAHA surgery.  If not it will have to wait til I'm done vacationing in Mexico for month of Jan 10 and month of March i10 in Florida.  I was told I have to keep it dry for at least 3 months. was also told about the skin graft and tha the wound is not pretty while it is healing....
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

cindyj

Re: Baha surgery next month if alll goes well
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 02:34:00 pm »
Great news for you, JO!  I hope they can get you in before your traveling starts.  Will be curious to know how the BAHA works out for you - know so many just love it!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Baha surgery next month if alll goes well
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 07:21:23 pm »
I was told I have to keep it dry for at least 3 months. was also told about the skin graft and tha the wound is not pretty while it is healing....
JO

All these differences fascinate me.  I had to keep my BAHA site dry for only about a week or so. 

And my wound wasn't too bad looking while it was healing.  It was very itchy but that's about it.

I guess I had a "skin graft" but I wouldn't really call it that.  My doc just cut a flap of skin, lifted it up, folded it back, removed the hair follicles and some of the tissue from my head, drilled the hole into my skull, sank the titanium abutment, cut an "X" in the skin flap and placed it back over the abutment.  Then he stitched me up.

90 days later the abutment had calcified and I was able to attach my Divino  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways