Author Topic: Visiting a Plastic Surgeon on 8/21  (Read 8441 times)

TP

Re: Visiting a Plastic Surgeon on 8/21
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 05:43:48 am »
I saw my plastic surgeon this past week to have a cyst removed from my face. When he walked in he quickly realized he had not done his homework in talking to his Dr friend up north. I go tomorrow to have my stitches removed and hopefully he will have a name for me. I really don't want another surgery, however, my husband and I just got back from vacation in Yellowstone/Grand Tetons two weeks ago and all my pictures I have this ugly smile. I really miss having a normal smile as well as my face hurts by the middle of the day and by nighttime I have a pain that I've learned to live with.

By the way, our trip out west was fantastic. We had a blast, we saw the most beautiful country (northeast Utah, southwest Idaho, and western Wyoming and southern Montana). We saw moose, bear (grizzly and black), heard a wolf very early in the morning, elk, deer, coyote, hundreds of eagles, hawks, buffalo and pronghorn sheep. It was very dry out there and since I am from Florida I had the lack of humidity issue. It takes me about 2 weeks once I get home to readjust. The cool thing is I bought me some really nice binoculars. Even though my bad eye is very dry I had no problem scoping out animals on the mountains and in the trees. I was able to scope out a grizzly bear very early in the morning on a mountainside (in Lamar Valley). There were a bunch of photographers there waiting for the sun to rise and they had not even seen this grizzly on the mountainside. I was so tickled that my poor eyesight was able to see this "moving dot" on the mountain. Now the deafness was really strange. We heard the wolf as well as coyotes fighting in the valley in front of us, the problem it was very foggy. Having SSD I had no idea where the sound was coming from. My husband told me the coyotes were to the right and the wolf howling was to the left. To me it all sounded like they were smacked dab in front of me.  Best trip of my life and also celebrated 32 years of marriage that week as well! 
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision