Author Topic: Symposium 2009 Pictures  (Read 80746 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Symposium 2009 Pictures
« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2009, 04:49:31 pm »
Heh, heh, heh.... I was never REALLY gone!   8)

Lori

You lurker, you.

Now, put that halo back on so Phyl can put away her bullwhip.

Oops, I promised Phyl @ the symposium I would be good.  Sorry, Phyl  - it's hard to be good; especially with peer pressure ::) 

Jan

not falling for it... try again.

*pulls out whip*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2009, 04:52:15 pm »
Jan!  A new picture!

May Freddie Prinze rest in peace...

Looooookin' good! :D

Phyl

Okay, I'm confused  ???

Are you saying that in my old picture I looked like Freddie Prinze?

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2009, 04:59:30 pm »
Jan!  A new picture!

May Freddie Prinze rest in peace...

Looooookin' good! :D

Phyl

Okay, I'm confused  ???

Are you saying that in my old picture I looked like Freddie Prinze?

LOL! No, m'dear... try again.  Wasn't that his famous line?  "Loooooook-in' good!"... (in reference to your new pic, silly!) :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2009, 05:00:38 pm »
Oh.  Duh!  Now I get it.

Good thing it's a long weekend - I need sleep  :D
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2009, 05:05:09 pm »
go to bed! :D

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jackie

« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2009, 05:09:06 pm »
Hi Jan,

I also noticed and love your new picture!!! Now it matches the pics from the Symposium!!! You are lovely, gorgeous eyes!!!
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2009, 05:17:01 pm »
Thank you, Jackie  ;D

sgerrard

« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2009, 10:27:56 pm »
No hat, though.  :(

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2009, 04:30:47 am »
No hat, though.  :(

Steve

*runs in with whip*

No hat!?!?!  NO HAT?!?!??!  :o  :o  :o

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #249 on: September 06, 2009, 09:43:36 am »
You know, I did feel guilty about posting a picture without my hat  :-[

But, cheer up, you can see it on Steve's hat website  ;D

lori67

« Reply #250 on: September 06, 2009, 12:04:34 pm »
Jan, do you really think Phyl believed you when you said you'd behave?  She's too smart for that.

Now, I must figure out where I dropped that halo.....

Lori   ;)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #251 on: September 06, 2009, 12:26:40 pm »
Now that this "good morning" of Saturday is over and we are almost noon PST  ;D ....I have More photos to add here now that I have some time this long weekend to breath...to share with the (er hum) high jackers  ;D adourned in their knitted hats

These are photos I took on my walk of the magnificent mile… in Chicago

The first set if of the American Girl store... that I took photos for my youngest child to see- specifically... I also wanted to share with the 3 curly girls. I did not buy anything there and only came home with photos. When I first got their catalogues in the mail years ago (NOT at my request to be on their mailing list  :-\  ???) I was appalled at the prices and that the price of the doll stroller was up there with a real child's stroller... and I was thinking how money would be better spent elsewhere (in my family anyway)

Nevertheless this last year my child and I were studying American History - in particular The Great Depression. Out of the library we got this great age-appropriate series (Historical fiction) about Kit Kittredge - published through American Girl. SO much of it was very relevant to what is happening today with the economy. More so as my daughter watched her school buddy's parents loose their jobs and later their home- here in Oregon). From there we watched the DVD Charissa Stands Strong- a great learning resource about school bullying for 4th grade age (or age close to). Since our exposure to American Girl - my child worked hard doing chores and saved up for an American Girl doll … She plays with it for hours… and sometimes a different buddy comes over with her doll. We do not buy the doll clothes in the catalogue but she has resourcefully been sewing clothes for her doll from my fabric remnant bin… and I buy her thread, Velcro etc instead. She has become interested in design since... and the doll is a great learning tool.  8)

I also bought the learning guide that is much like walking though a museum (of great depression era stuff) put out by American Girl… so know that this is not just a doll store.
Welcome to Kit's World, 1934 : Growing Up During America's Great Depression
http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Kits-World-1934-Depression/dp/158485359X
(Just call me Marian the Librarian I am always going to share book links…)

So here are the American Girl store photos I took for my daughter …and to share with some of my other ANA buddy Mom’s (and Dad’s). It was cool to see the head-quarters. I am not sure if other fellow ANA buddy parents noticed this but there were young girls everywhere, walking the street (with their parents) and holding their doll while sightseeing. Some dolls brand new and some rather tattered and looking well loved …as they adventured out with their girl. I like that the dolls come in many races, creeds and colors. Although there were times when I wish I had brought the family to Chicago… I truly loved my Mom’s weekend off and some time (just for me) to be with my ANA buddies. ;D

More Chicago street scenes etc to come…

DHM

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 02:06:04 pm by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2009, 12:33:34 pm »
More magnificent mile photos... including chocolate for those folks who like to start of a "good morning" with their chocolate fix with a photo of the Hershey's store that had the BIGGEST chocolate bars and bottles of syrup I have ever seen  ;D

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2009, 03:30:20 pm »
Michael Gates Gill- Thank you for coming to Chicago!!!

Mike,

I meant to post these photos earlier with the original batch ... only now had time

I know that took much courage on your part to talk to our huge audience and you did not have time on your side to go into as much depth as you did when you spoke at to the audience when you were at Google- being that we had to all rush off to hotel check out, catch taxis, planes etc. It is my hope that you will come with us to Cincinnati in 2011 to be a participant and glean lots of information and great resources that will assist you with your wellness and AN “tuma” journey. … And maybe… Just maybe you will allow some of us to treat you to a latte 8)

I have posted some photos of you here  â€“to share with you and my supportive ANA buddies- here on the forum.

Mike- know that you have people, from all walks of life, to talk to here on the ANA discussion forum. You are a creative writer and I just suggest you come with a great anonymous alias (as many do), and just reach out to us for help, as you need it.… Know that there are MANY here who are willing to help out.

Thanks for the hugs at the Drake and for signing all our books.  I know a few people wanted to come to the book signing- but it took place so close to the hotel check out time, flight departures...

Speaking of "planes to catch" I listened to this folk song today on my old record player while sipping a latte ... and thought it fit in with your talk.
Harry Chapin’s Cats in the Cradle version on you-tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH46SmVv8SU
Nothing like going back to the '70's...

Cheers

Daisy Head Mazy (DHM  )

"Mike at the Mic" Photos

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 11:22:41 pm by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »

LOIS

« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2009, 01:45:38 am »
 Sharanov,

I couldnt agree with you more.  Seems like he is trying to become a millionaire again with his book and movie.   My husband and I had talked to another couple whom were truly inspirational.  Wont go into it right now but we too felt he was the wrong one for an inspirational speaker.  He is a loser who threw his life away, (wife and job) and I feel no sympathy for him.  I feel sorry for the girlfriend and her baby that fell into this losers trap.  It didn't seem like hes changed to me either.  If he had the least inkling of changing he would have given some proceeds of his book to charity, etc. 

Lois
Diagnosed 07/08   1.2 x 1.1 cm. left AN Retosigmoid surgery 08/08 with Dr. Bartels  @ Tampa General Hospital