Author Topic: Minimally Invaisive Neurosurgery  (Read 2399 times)

May3

Minimally Invaisive Neurosurgery
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:20:19 pm »
Has anyone has their acoustic neuroma treated by minimally invaisive endoscopic surgery?  I have been reading about this treatment done by Dr. Jho at Allegeheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh.  Does anyone know anything about this procedure and its results?

suboo73

Re: Minimally Invaisive Neurosurgery
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 08:58:05 am »
Hi May3!

There are several people on the Forum who have had this surgery, i believe at the Skull Base Institute in CA.
Please read here for one:  http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=8611.0 
You can read about experiences by highlife and jerseygirl, and i am sure there are others.
I don't know about Dr. Jho but have heard the name before.  You can try doing a search under Physician category.

I also want to say WELCOME to the Forum!  There are lots of new folks and sometimes i miss the posts  ::)
I have been on the Forum almost a year, and my sis and i both have an AN - mine diagnosed 6 months after hers.
Since i am in W & W, i can not help you with surgery particulars - but there is information here and you can search by typing in the docs name in the search box.

Good luck with your research and many prayers and good thoughts on your AN journey.
We all are here and understand!

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

suboo73

Re: Minimally Invaisive Neurosurgery
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:03:26 am »
May3,

And here is another thread to read with another link, although alittle older, might provide some insight into Dr. Jho.

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=7390.0

Take care and keep us posted.
Sincerely,

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W