Author Topic: Radio is not for young people???  (Read 18591 times)

novagirl

Re: Radio is not for young people???
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2009, 08:49:06 am »
Nickittynic:

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience. I've heard a lot of good things about Dr. Tamargo at Hopkins so I am sure you got the best care possible. I'll have my MRI this Wed to see if there is any tumor progression since July. And if there is growth, I'm pretty sure I'll go with CK at Georgetown. In July my AN was 1.2 cm and my hearing is intact, I also haven't had much dizziness, so if I CK stops the growth, I can definitely live with my very minor symptoms. My AN was pretty close to the brainstem, but the radio-oncologist (Dr. Gangon) I spoke with said I was fine for CK, so will see. Hopefully, the thing has not grown much.  Although I've seen a lot of posts about ANs growing dramatically between MRIs.

Thank you for writing and perhaps we'll get to meet at one of the support group meetings.
Best wishes to you.
Right AN 10 x 10 x 7 mm - dx 7/28/09; w&w for three years
CK at Stanford October 2012 - Dr. Chang and Dr. Soltys
Oct'12: 15 x 14 x 10 mm
Oct'14: 12 x 6 x 5 mm

Nickittynic

• Bug in the Brain Blog
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2009, 02:02:17 pm »
Sounds good! If I had it to do over again, and radio had been an option, I think I probably would have chosen it, too!
Good luck and happy MRI thoughts!
25 year old OBGYN nurse, wife, mother of two
5.5cm x 3.1cm left side AN removed via retrosigmoid 9/09 @ Hopkins
SSD, Tinnitus, Chronic Migraines, Facial paralysis (improving!)
Resolved - Left sided weakness, Cognitive issues
Gold weight, upper and lower punctal plugs, tarsorrhaphy

tatianne

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2009, 02:30:23 pm »
Im 33 and I had GK in May  2009....My neurosurgeon and neurotologist both agreed on this treatment for me.

The felt the risks of surgery where far more great then the risk of having GK at a younger age.

Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

novagirl

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2009, 04:52:28 pm »
Tatienne - thank you for your message. I had my MRI done this morning, so like you, am waiting to find out the results. The technician said they will fax the written report to me as soon as they fax it to my doctor, so could be tomorrow that I'll get to read it. But my consult is not until Wed, the 18th.
I am glad you are posting on your progress. GK/CK results are very reassuring.
Right AN 10 x 10 x 7 mm - dx 7/28/09; w&w for three years
CK at Stanford October 2012 - Dr. Chang and Dr. Soltys
Oct'12: 15 x 14 x 10 mm
Oct'14: 12 x 6 x 5 mm