Author Topic: Breast Cancer update  (Read 54290 times)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Breast Cancer update
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2010, 03:24:10 pm »
Kathy .....

What can I say??  Here you are the one who needs to be lifted up ..... but somehow, I am feeling lifted up by your latest post!  Your wonderful attitude is your saving grace.  I know you do not always feel like this, but I am touched by your ability to see through the dark times.

My prayers now are that this next chemo treatment is far less traumatic than the first one was!!  ..... and that Lola behaves herself when she is on your head!   :D  What a funny mental picture I have of Lola, the lovely locks!!

Best thoughts.  Clarice

..... and a big, special thank you to Donnalynn for the hours you spent putting the quilt together!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 05:18:47 pm by CHD63 »
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

tenai98

« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2010, 04:08:08 pm »
Such great news and a fantastic outlook...keep up the good work:)
jo
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2010, 06:38:50 pm »
Oh, Donnalynn .....

It turned out beautifully!  Thanks, again, for having the idea and doing such an incredible "labor of love" on all of our behalves!  ..... and Kathy, may you feel the love and warmth from your AN family.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2010, 07:33:47 pm »
We all just wish that we could make the misery go away!  You are surrounded by love and well-wishes from your family and your extended family here on the forum, so let that wash over you and gather comfort from that.  And then shop!  What a husband you have!  He really is a keeper, but I'm very sure he says the same thing about you.  ;)

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

sgerrard

« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2010, 08:18:27 pm »
What a great looking quilt! Good job Donnalynn and all you guys. Way to go, forum!

Kathy, try to remember that however miserable the chemo makes you, it is making  the cancer cells twice as miserable. They have met their match now. More of the best to you.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Jackie

« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2010, 11:53:04 pm »
Wow Kathy,

You are so deserving of that fabulous quilt!!! It really turned out beautifully, Donnalynn, is there no end to your talents????? Just remember Kathy it was made with love, and has been blessed with great healing powers! Envelope yourself in it when ever you need extra love! Many blessings also to your loving family. Keep the faith and this too shall pass!
Jackie from Oregon
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2010, 03:13:46 pm »
Donnalynn, et al. ~

The sentiment on the label is touching.  I'm sure the quilt was beautiful and the love that went into making it was palpable to Kathy.   Well done, ladies! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2010, 07:37:17 pm »
Hey, Kathy!  Thanks for your continued updates...glad you've got one treatment behind you and, of course, do hope the next one will not be as bad for you.  Your great attitude with certainly continue to serve you well throughout all of this.  Many hugs continue to head your way.

Great job on the quilt, Donnalynn - thanks for getting it all together!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

moe

« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2010, 08:19:08 am »
Cyndi, Donnalynn~
Beautiful quilt! Kathy, may you feel our hugs and kissess as you continue on your journey :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2010, 10:58:29 am »
Dear Kathy I am so sorry to hear that the first treatment was difficult and praying that it will get easier.  I cannot wait to see you wearing Lola I am sure it will look just as good if not better than your hat.  I was so happy to be part of the making of the quilt it looks beautiful and you brought out  my talented side well not that good. I wish I could have been more creative but I am the one with 2 left hands.... thank goodness for iron-ons I am not that handy with a glue gun either I seem to burn myself all the time.... I hope when you went shopping you bought loads of good things be a little selfish I hope it was all for you.  How is your daughter doing if she needs to speak to my daughter please do not hesitate to contact us.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you in every step of the way you are such an inspiration to us all....

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2010, 11:04:55 am »
Great update but so sorry you had so much trouble with the chemo.  And love the name for your wig. Next time you go shopping take Lola, because you know dear, as the old song goes, whatever Lola wants, Lola gets!!

Hugs,

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2010, 08:11:40 am »
Hi Kathy-

I'm thinking about you as your head into your second chemo treatment this week.  I hope that the drug "cocktail" works with less discomfort and side effects this time.  It seems that it sometimes takes a little time to find just the right "recipe."  The quilt pictures are fantastic - DonnaLynn, you are the best!

Good luck, and prayers, this week, Kathy.  Your AN family is right there with you in spirit.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2010, 07:28:07 am »
Did you know there is a condition called "chemo brain" in the cancer world????  Guess it's a real side effect that happens to some folks in treatment  - forgetfulness, confusion, concentration issues, you get the picture.  Well, after re-reading my post yesterday, I was wondering if I could have that after just one treatment.  I did not thank Donnalynn for lovingly putting this together so beautifully and sending it my way..... I'm so sorry for that oversight, my friend....you have been my guardian angel since day 1 of me joining the forum back in late 2008!!!!  Maybe chemo brain is a stretch for me to have at this point, but I can't believe the oversight!

Hugs to all of you.  Tomorrow, Chemo Treatment #2 (3/18).  Today, picnic with Steve, Kristin, and Ryan (he's my 24 year old who I don't mention much in these posts, but an ever present support and source of much humor and lightheartedness in my world) at a local park!!!  Beautiful day - takin' full advantage of it!!!!

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

Kaybo

« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2010, 08:42:28 am »
Thinking of you - especially tomorrow for round #2...here's hoping the "cocktail" works wonders for you this time!  Prayers coming your way...

K  ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:59:30 am by Kaybo »
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2010, 08:44:53 am »
Kathy,

I continue to monitor your updates here... and I think you know my healing hugglez continue from me to you!  :-* Hang in there!  Thinking of you!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"