Author Topic: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch -- WITH apple dumplins! Sunday, April 18, 2010  (Read 34525 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Hi all

Need to do an "FYI".... from me and Jane (jcinma).

We will be collecting brunch money upon arrival to the restaurant.  We have run into 1 or 2 issues in the past and appreciate everyone's understanding. We will confirm exact amts with the restaurant upon arrival.  I believe the brunch is $19.95 plus tax and gratuity per person.

We truly appreciate everyone's understanding.... for those using credit cards, that is fine... will be handled accordingly.

thanks all for understanding... btw, have confirmed the dumplin's with Gil...... and we will have extras! :)

Signed,
Your apple dumplin' brunch bunch hostesses with the mostest!
Phyl and Jane
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
What a smart way to handle things.  Makes sense to me!

See you tomorrow.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
Works for us too ;D

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow,

Rich & Scarlett

P.S. I think tsl/Theresa was on the list also.
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

ppearl214

• Administrator
P.S. I think tsl/Theresa was on the list also.

Hi Rich

I rec'd word from Theresa that she won't be coming due to other issues.... I tried desperately to sway her decision as she is the "Queen of the Dessert Table" but, sadly, she can't join us.....  :'(  :'(

thanks for understanding, all, about pre-eats $ collections. Will be most helpful and appreciated.

See you all in a few hours. Drive carefully! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

Will be thinking of you all today - have a wonderful time...and a dumpling for me!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

elliemae

Hey, N.E. gang!
I'm sorry to say I can't join you today - a bit of a health issue came up ...  :(

Hope you all have a great time - and someone eats my dumpling!!!

Elaine

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
Just wanted to pass along that I had a great time and it was awesome meeting you all today.  I had to run off early as I had family coming down from New Hampshire.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Just returned (with Tina) from the N.E. ANA Discussion Board brunch in Worcester, Massachusetts and can attest that a good time was had by all attendees, including this one.

Met some old and new friends and had a delicious brunch, too!  I'm sure photos will be posted soon.  Thanks to Phyl and everyone that had a part in organizing the event.  See you all in October!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Lizard

My husband Kevin and I had a great time as well and those dumplin's were more than I ever could have imagined!  It was great meeting everyone, can't wait until we do this again!!  I second Jim in thanking Phyl for organizing the brunch, she's the bomb! And much thanks to Jane for the name tags...

I can't stop smiling, laughter is the best medicine  ;D
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
Another fantastic brunch! Thank you Phyl and Jane for all you do. :-*

Rich and I were happy to see everyone again and we were thrilled to get to meet some new friends too! This is our third brunch and each time is like getting together with friends you’ve known all your life. Everyone is just AWESOME!

We will be posting pictures soon.

Scarlett & Rich
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

LisaP

Hi,

Another great Brunch, thanks to Phyl and Jane.  Food of course was great along with the company of new and old friends.  See everyone in Oct.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

ppearl214

• Administrator
well, another great time had by all!  MAJOR kudos to my co-hostess with the mostest, Jane! :)  :-*  :-*  :-*

There were a few Brunch Vets that were not able to attend and please know... you were missed sorely BUT.... your apple dumplin's were appreciated!  ;D

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd186/ppearlbaxter/ANA%20Forum%20Brunch%204-18-10/?albumview=slideshow

I'm in a rush this am and hope this link works.... if not, post here and will try to fix.... but, as you can see, my fave Brazilian Nut, Gil, totally went out of his way on the dumplins!  Dang, were they good.

Great to see the gang, all the new faces (Liz and Ernie survived! :) )

Next brunch.... Sunday, Oct 17, 12pm.

Thanks again all for coming out and enjoying! :)

Phyl

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Yup, it worked ..... and what a fun time you all must have had!  You all look wonderful and the apple dumplin's look marvelous ..... I envy!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

jcinma

Phyl you are amazing!!

The photos are terrrific. Everyone and every dumpling looks beautiful.

Thank you again and again for a wonderful gathering.  We ANA'ers are a great brunch bunch!

I look forward to October.

Jane

1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

Lynn Mc

Nice meeting everyone.  Super bunch of great people.  Thanks Phyl & Jane!  Great job organizing the Brunch.  Those Dumplings were way to good!!!

Happy Trails,
Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"