Author Topic: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch -- WITH apple dumplins! Sunday, April 18, 2010  (Read 34317 times)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
oh, it was so nice looking at the pictures. so glad ernie could make it from FL.
i hope i can come again someday (got to get hubby to Boston qualify again)!!
i think it's great you had round, smaller tables. last year, with the larger tables, i remember talking to nancy and all i could say was, 'Huh? What?'  there were quite a few of us right out of surgery last year.
phyl, about two pictures before 'you and da bloke' there's a picture with 3 people - the man and wife (he has on a white sweater) and another person. who are they? i met them last year and they were so nice, but i don't remember who they are on the forum.
also, no baby this year : (   !!  i guess the baby (forgot her name) may not sleep so much like she did last year!

keri

I believe you're referring to Kathy and Bob (who are amazing people!).  I can't remember Kathy's username offhand.  The third person is Lisa (LisaP, I think).

The baby at the brunch last year was mine - Audrey was 11 days old at the time.  I debated bringing her again this year, but at nearly 13 months old she's no longer content to just be held and sleep in arms.   ;D  I decided that I wouldn't be able to talk with anyone else if I was trying to watch over her at the same time.  Here's a current photo of her:

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Oh Katie ......  Audrey is beautiful.  Thanks for putting her picture in for all of us to enjoy!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
VERY pretty baby - and cute outfit, too!

Thanks for the updated photo.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Lizard

She's absolutely adorable!  Thanks for sharing and at the next brunch we have to make a point to meat eachother  ;)
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

joebloggs

Everyone looks really great and those dumplings look amazing!  I'm jealous!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

wendysig

It looks like everyone had a great time.  The apple dumplings look great and Kate -- Audrey is just adorable.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

LisaP

ok phyl,

What is the date of the next lunch so I can put it on my calendar.

Best wishes,
LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W