Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 783725 times)

matti

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2006, 11:55:12 am »
I vote Mark in as our purser. He has been following our little adventure from the getgo, and he STILL wants to join us.

Capt. Deb - Thanks for the Donald Trump visual  :o  As for Richard Branson, we will  just have to take a little side trip and wreak some pirate havoc on his little island. He'll never know what hit him when the Princess batty comes ashore.

Gennysmom - Went to the U2 concert last year, (with my ear plug of course) it was amazing. Let's leave the Gates at home, I'll just take Bono. :-*

matti

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Mark

« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2006, 04:10:35 pm »
I'm OK being the purser as long as I don't have to carry a purse   :o It's an image thing  ;)  I can play the role of gopher on the Love boat or whoever that guy was that went on to be a congressman or senator from Iowa

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

matti

« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2006, 05:31:51 pm »
Mark - Not sure what the rest of the crew thinks, but I am with you on the purse issue. Just as long as you are generous with the funds and don't question our purchases (kind of like being married) then you are good to go.

I am very happy that the Ear Institute is so close to us. Dr. Roberson only sees patients there once a month, and just from 9-noon, no surgery. He is so incredibly busy. Their new office complex in Palo Alto is amazing. I am having new issues with my AN side, feels like I am carring a 5 lb weight on the side of my head and the nerves have all become highly sensitive. Feburary MRI shows no tumor. Roberson is now referring me to a neurologist. I see him tomorrow. And so the journey continues...

matti
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2006, 10:18:48 am »
You know men carrying purses are not so taboo anymore something to do with the metrosexual revolution  lol  You know for as many people who have read this post we should have more cruise attendees on our roster!

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2006, 10:25:26 am »
I'll work on getting a grant from the Gates Foundation then, and Mark can stay our purser.  I was only thinking of how nice it would be to have unlimited pocket funds.  Mark needs a good wench to hold the purse for him, then he can be manly!!!

Now we need a bartender!!!!!!!!

Captain Deb - yes, Flo's is that little shack on the other end of the island with all the chickens running around.  I like the Crowsnest mainly for the view...high up overlooking St. Thomas.  They did a pretty mean seared Ahi last time I was there too....and we need to be total schmucks and hit Duffy's Love Shack over in Red Hook on a Thursday just so everyone can do the Thursday night theme night and forget their troubles!!!  Let's go!!!!

Another thing.....I've been thinking....I the true pirate spirit....of getting an AN with the "no" symbol over it tatooed on my head near the spot when my surgery is done.  Anyone wanna join me?

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Kilroy1976

« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2006, 12:49:47 pm »
Holy cow, I set sail for a week and when I return this thread has nine pages? I created a monster.

If anyone is interested, my balance was pretty good on the ship. I can only assume that my AN and rum "wobbles" ran counter to the motion of the ship. Getting off on the islands was a bit trickier, with the narrow sidewalks and constant eye-shifts between the uneven pavement and tall buildings or tall mountains. Getting off the ship at the end was a LOT trickier, and for the past few days I've been having what feels like motion sickness. That never happened to me before the AN.  >:(

1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

matti

« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2006, 01:56:05 pm »
BattyP - I agree with you, I saw the amount of views  :o regarding this thread. LOL

Gennysmom -  I was a little hesitant at first about Bill Gates, but you got me on the unlimited funds. I think it would be in his best interest to join our cruise, because he definitely needs to be loosened up, I just know there is a wild side to this man that is fighting to come out!

Welcome ashore Kilroy. I know when I went on my cruise post AN, I was wobbly for a few days afterward. I found that I  could not look out at the ocean, the constant movement of the waves really did me in. I also had  some sensory overload while out sight seeing.  Glad your back!

Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2006, 03:32:39 pm »
Ok so what I'm hearing after Kilroy's journey is....

we need Wider planks to come ashore on OR out hottie greek gods to hold us and help us so we don't go falling overboard and looking like the fool....either that or a lot more rum than kilroy had so  we could careless  ;D

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2006, 04:46:32 pm »
I'm thinking we should all travel by those things that Cleopatra used to ride on with 4 men attendants at each corner....see, haven't even had surgery yet and already I've lost words......but I attribute that to turning 40 and being a natural blonde.  I just hope this isn't a sign of my future.  But anyway, then we just have to  recline and be fanned and fed grapes.  It's all good.
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Battyp

« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2006, 05:41:32 pm »
Oh yeah sounds good to me! 

So now we def. need more beefy hunks! 

luv2teachsped

« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2006, 06:36:01 pm »
Hi ! I say skip the wider planks and lets go for the greek gods to carry us!  Since I've never been much of anywhere, I'll need a reallllllyyy good guide!  luv2teach ;D
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2006, 06:47:21 pm »
Poo-poo!
Migraine all day! :'(
Catch ya'll manana

AAAAARRRRR!
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2006, 07:43:05 pm »
Whats this "being fed grapes all day".

I thought it was the other way around. It's the guys who get fed by very scantily clad ladies!!!

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2006, 08:11:11 pm »
Kilroy, it's not the AN making you wobbly... it you just trying to find your "landlegs" again! :)

Capt'n Deb, gawd I hope you are feeling better!  :-*

Larry, if you are going to feed me grapes, I ain't wearing scant clothes for you! :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

matti

« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2006, 08:24:30 pm »
Larry - If you join our cruise it can be arranged. ;) Although maybe you and Mark should find your own scantily clad women. Don't know if you would want to trust our judgement.

Capt. Deb - I just ended my two day migrane. Sending a hug your way.

matti

Life is great at 50