Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 774783 times)

matti

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2006, 04:46:35 pm »
I love watching the Blue collar gang, they are hysterical. "And there's your sign..."

Are there any hot bodied comedians?

Kurt Russell definetly still has it.

How come none of our male ANer's on the forum want to join our cruise? I am starting to take it personally  >:(

battyP - Didn't you invite onebadass350 bird?

Don't be scared fellas!

matti

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2006, 06:18:21 pm »
Oh I know he'd come...he's always up for a challenge...hey we'll even let the guys were cammie velcro  lol ;)

luv2teachsped

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2006, 07:58:47 pm »
Okay Gals!  I've been reading this wacky thread of yours for quite a while.  You're all nuts, you know that don't you???  So..... Can I join???   I'd fit in well.  I too have never been on a cruise(or anywhere else!)  and now that I'm single again, I'd like to enjoy life with a few friends!!!   So include me in!  Take Care: luv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

Battyp

« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2006, 09:03:37 pm »
luv2teachsped you are so in...welcome aboard matey!

matti

« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2006, 09:06:22 pm »
Welcome Aboard Luv2teach!  Awesome now we have 2 virgin cruisers. We are still working on our entertainment, is there anyone special you would like to invite? As you can see, Yanni is out and Matthew is in, but we are always looking for extra eye candy.

We are all in good hands as Capt. Deb is at the helm  ;D

take care,
matti
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2006, 09:08:18 pm »
matti shouldn't you be watching tv right now?  lol  survivor, idol, beauty in the geek?  I've had my fix  lol

matti

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2006, 09:47:15 pm »
battyP - I have 15 minutes and counting.  I am split screening Survivor and Idol. talk about getting dizzy! I almost went online to see who got voted off...but I restrained myself.

matti
Life is great at 50

glory

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2006, 10:14:46 pm »
I got some nice eye candy for you Matti--how about Ben Browder(currently on Sci-Fi channel), him along with some others on the show will work for me ;D 

onebadass350bird

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2006, 04:18:56 pm »
Greetings ladies?
17 hour Retrosigmoid on 10/19/05 for removal of 4cm AN

matti

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2006, 04:39:01 pm »
Onebadass350bird - Geez, I thought we might have scared you away. We really are harmless. Welcome Aboard

(great screen name by the way)

matti

Life is great at 50

Mark

« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2006, 04:45:30 pm »
I'm not sure what the term "dedicated" means in this context either. I think the first question is what kind of machine is Duke using. A GK is "dedicated" to radiosurgery because it really isn't capable of anything but one dose treatments. If Duke is using a radiotherapy LINAC machine such as Novalis or one of the others, then it would not be dedicated to radiosurgery but in conjunction with a head frame could approach the accuracy of GK or CK. That would be my guess as to what is being referred to based on the information provided.

It is true that UVA is one of the oldest utilizers of the GK and thus one of the most experienced with it. Based on the recent posts relative to misinformation both they and Wake forest have used on their web sites in comparing GK to other systems, I have lost a measure of respect for them from an ethics standpoint. That certainly is no reflection on their medical skills with GK, but rather a reflection of their financial ties to the maker of GK.

I think the more relevant question if radiosurgery is being pursued is which machine and approach is the best. Radiotherapy with treatments of 20-30 days is usually done with proton beam and LINAC machines such as Novalis, Radiosurgery is done by GK and CK with the latter being the more advanced technology. All can be effective, in the end you have to decide which is best for you

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

Battyp

« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2006, 07:59:07 pm »
ok, now I'm confused..who was mark talking to?  Did I miss something? 

matti

« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2006, 08:11:05 pm »
I was confused as well...

Life is great at 50

onebadass350bird

« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2006, 08:22:11 pm »
Onebadass350bird - Geez, I thought we might have scared you away. We really are harmless. Welcome Aboard

(great screen name by the way)

matti

Thanks, it's an old one, predates knowledge of my AN by a long shot
17 hour Retrosigmoid on 10/19/05 for removal of 4cm AN

Mark

« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2006, 08:23:32 pm »
Battyprincess , matti et al ,

I'm not sure who I was talking to either  :). Actually I was responding to becknell and CarolK relative to the post about radiosurgery at Duke. I think I clicked the reply button for the "good Morning" string you all had going by accident.

The question I was responding to was

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

steretactic radiosurgery at Duke
« on: Today at 04:32:33 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with Dr. John Kirkpatrick in radiation oncology at Duke?  Thanks!
   Report to moderator   Logged
becknell

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: steretactic radiosurgery at Duke
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:04:28 PM »
 Carol — We have not had experience with him, but my husband had surgery at Duke in August for a rather large AN. They left some residue that was too stuck to the brain stem and other structures to remove, and now he needs radiosurgery for the residue. Our surgeon at Duke (Friedman, top dog in neurosurgery) said we could either have the radiosurgery done at Duke or we could go to the Universitty of Virginia for Gamma Knife. He said he' be fine with us having it done at Duke, but he spoke quite highly of the U Va. program, and said he has sent lots of patients there and they have a very renown program, so we decided to look into that. That's one of the most experienced radiosurgery centers in the world — as opposed to Duke, where they haven't been doing it as long. Also upon questioning Friedman said the LINAC at Duke is not "dedicated" for radiosurgery, which I understand means they may have to do some alterations to use it for radiosurgery, which COULD potentially reduce the accuracy, according to what I've read. All that is up for debate, though. I do know another patient who had radiosurgery at Duke, and she seemed to be pleased with it and said the guy who did it was great. I don't know if any of this is helping you or not. Send me an e-mail if you want to talk more.

and my response was

I'm not sure what the term "dedicated" means in this context either. I think the first question is what kind of machine is Duke using. A GK is "dedicated" to radiosurgery because it really isn't capable of anything but one dose treatments. If Duke is using a radiotherapy LINAC machine such as Novalis or one of the others, then it would not be dedicated to radiosurgery but in conjunction with a head frame could approach the accuracy of GK or CK. That would be my guess as to what is being referred to based on the information provided.

It is true that UVA is one of the oldest utilizers of the GK and thus one of the most experienced with it. Based on the recent posts relative to misinformation both they and Wake forest have used on their web sites in comparing GK to other systems, I have lost a measure of respect for them from an ethics standpoint. That certainly is no reflection on their medical skills with GK, but rather a reflection of their financial ties to the maker of GK.

I think the more relevant question if radiosurgery is being pursued is which machine and approach is the best. Radiotherapy with treatments of 20-30 days is usually done with proton beam and LINAC machines such as Novalis, Radiosurgery is done by GK and CK with the latter being the more advanced technology. All can be effective, in the end you have to decide which is best for you

Mark

Sorry for the confusion, my bad, didn't mean to interupt your cruise planning   ;D

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001