Author Topic: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch -- WITH apple dumplins! Sunday, April 18, 2010  (Read 34513 times)

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
Another one bites the dust . . .
Called back into caregiver service.  Do I get points with Medicare for reducing their costs?  Oh, bother, but duty calls.
Cross NancyMc and Dave off the list.
Bummer.  Have a couple for us.
Maybe next time . . .
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
Awww, what a bummer.  I was looking forward to meeting you and Dave!  :(  Maybe next year.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Nancy, I am so sorry to hear this... please give Dave my wellness wishes... as you know, there are always other brunches (have now done too many for me to keep track).

well, Ernie and gang..... I have spoken to my fave Brazilian Nut (ie: Gil, our fave chef...).. and yes.... brought back by popular demand... yep, you asked for 'em.... and we got 'em..... the tasty, gooey, infamous....

APPLE DUMPLINS!  YAY!!!!!!!
(Gil about fell over when I gave him the head count.... but... he noted his love to us and is making them with a smile on his face!)

Since we had a couple of "regrets", we do have a couple of seats open if anyone else would like to join us. Please note in this thread.

See you all April 18, 12 noon in the lobby!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lholl36233

Phyl,

You'll love this.  Since my sister and her teacher friends had such a wonderful time at her 40th birthday at Maxwell Silverman's, they are going back this Sunday because they are on school vacation.

We'll be there at the same time just with different groups.

That is funny.  ;D

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Laura
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

MLB57

Hi Everyone,    :(

I regretfully must pass for our up-coming brunch--my next grandson (who was due April 9) will arrive any day now and even if he is not here by this weekend I need to go to RI to help w/Matthew (who will be 2 in May)...  I've been going every weekend I can to babysit for my little guy so my son and his wife can go out and enjoy the day...

I will however, be there in spirit and am happy to know you all will be having a great time!!  Dumplins and all!!!

My best to everyone!!  Will miss you all!!!

Mary (aka GrammyMary--and who Matthew now calls me"Mimi.")   ;D

1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

Seal

Does this mean that I can show up and have Nancy's dumplings that will go to waste now????
Diagnosed 1/14/09 - 2.4cm AN right side --- about 70% cycstic
Retrosigmoid wiih McKenna & Barker - total removal successful on April 13th. 
Issues: balance, facial & mouth numbness, hearing loss right side
Results:   numbness gone, balance is good, SSD right side. Great results.

Lizard

OK so this is my first brunch and I need to know something.  How will I keep everyone straight?  I feel like I might be overwhelmed? Any suggestions, like do we wear name tags or something?

Thanks...just feeling a bit anxious to meet y'all.

Thanks,
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

epc1970

Liz
If I remember correctly, we have name tags....looking forward to meeting you Liz!

Erin

jcinma

Hi Liz,

I bring name tags so please don't worry! You will enjoy the commraderie as well as the good food. 

Look forward to meeting you,

Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

Lizard

Hi Liz,

I bring name tags so please don't worry! You will enjoy the commraderie as well as the good food. 

Look forward to meeting you,

Jane

Thanks Jane and looking forward to meeting you as well!  And these dumplins I have heard so much about!
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Phyl,

I regret to inform you that I cannot make the brunch this Sunday due to vehicle problems. My van is down for the count and I will not be able to deal with repairing it until Monday.

I'm so sorry I can't make it. I'll try again next fall though.

5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
I will be thinking of you all at the brunch today while I am missing it, have fun and lots of support, see you in the fall.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
I came very close to having to cancel!  My wife started getting severe pains and vomiting while attending my daughters chorus competition in De Land Florida.  She left the ER after 2 hours since she hadn't even been seen and managed to drive 2 hours back to the Tampa area.  Since then, she has been feeling a little better.  I was very close to booking a flight back to Tampa yesterday.

See you all tomorrow!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
Hi Ernie,

We hope Isabel is okay, and feeling better.

See you tomorrow,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
OH, no.... a few "regrets" that I am sorry to hear.  I'm glad to hear that Ernie will be with us and hope Isabel feels better!  For those that noted regrets, as you know.. there will be other brunches and you will be sorely missed (incl my rocker dood in my car... it won't be the same ride without you!).  I'm sorry to hear this didn't work out for many...

Ok, let's see if I have this right now:

Attendees

Phyl/da bloke
epc1979/Erin and Mom
Jim Scott/Tina
LisaP
elliemae/elaine
kbonner/Katie
SML/Scarlett and Rich (with hugglez!)
jcinma/Jane
YogaSue (congrats! Congrats!)
JoeF
LynnMc/spouse?
lholl36233/Laura and Mom Jean
KMacDonald/Kathy and Bob
EJTampa/Ernie
JulieAnne Maxwell (any relation to the restaurant?  )/husband
Lizard/Liz and husband Kevin
michelle d./husband Brad
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"