Author Topic: the stupidist thing people said....  (Read 38368 times)

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: the stupidist thing people said....
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2006, 10:41:14 am »
Karla,

So you're pre-op too?  I lose track when people don't have the info in their signatures (must be the AN  ;) )  I'm on a quest to get as physically and mentally healthy before surgery as well.  I want to do what I can do (if anything really) to make my recovery easier.  One of those things is to laugh like hell and have as much fun as possible.  Stop and smell the roses.  Maybe we can do the Monday morning mental health weigh in!!!  What size and side is yours on, if I may ask?
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Battyp

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2006, 04:29:17 pm »
Genny glad things went ok on your appt and you still get to take your trip this summer!

Karla I agree with you!  what doestn' kill us makes us stronger that's for darn sure.  No time for a pity party either..had one back in november.  My son is now sick so needing all my strength to deal with that.  If it's not one thing it's another lately!

Karla83401

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2006, 04:41:05 pm »
Good Afternoon,

Been to class, birthday shopping for son and now am taking daughter to appointment....no time for pity here. lol

I am post-op and my tumor is on my left side. I am not sure what the size is because the radiologist called it "moderately large" and the neurosurgeon said it was not as big as we first thought. I have been trying to figure out how to get the single measurement that so many people on here use but so far no good. I do know that in the bony area it is 4x6x8mm and in the brain area it measures 1.4x1.1x1.1cm. I am not sure about the monday morning weigh in thing...if I had to write my weight down every Monday I might get really depresses.

Hey Batty, I know that we are both running like mad women and have been made stronger by life's trials. Hope that everything is okay with your son. I know how hard it is to have a child sick and the amount of energy that it takes. Be sure to take care of yourself.

I will try to check back in after daughter's appointment and son's birthday party.

Karla

ps. any typos are because of the tumor not my horrible typing skills! ha ha
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Battyp

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2006, 04:49:53 pm »
Thanks Karla,

The whole thing is frustating with him as no one wants to treat him due to his age.  Will start looking into major medical facilities if I have to.   >:(

You dont' have to write down your weight every monday...it's merely a support cyber buddy diet system to keep us motivated to try and shed some pounds.  Decadron has a way of really putting it on you...I'm sure some other meds fall into suit and they I've got a brain tumor diet doesnt' help either!

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2006, 06:16:35 pm »
Actually, I meant a "mental health" weigh in....as in, having a good day, or not so much!   :D

Battyp

« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2006, 06:51:31 pm »
See today is a bad mental health day for me :(

Karla83401

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2006, 10:13:47 pm »
If it is a mental weigh in then I am certainly in for that. I am a stress eater, happy eater, sad eater, hungry eater, bored eater....you get the idea. Needless to say I don't munch on veggies and chocolate really is appealing.

Batty, if it is not intruding may I ask what is going on with your son? I would also encourage you to stick with your gut feelings on what is best for him. I am just a full believer in following your gut on these things. In fact they had wanted me to wait a couple of months before I saw the ENT and then to consider an MRI. My gut told me that waiting was not a good idea so I pushed for the MRI before the ENT. It certainly turns out that I was right.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help with your son and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Karla
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area

Battyp

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2006, 10:18:00 pm »
Thanks Karla...my gut isn't talking yet.  I'm having a hard time finding a doctor who will treat my son due to his age and his condition.  It's very frustrating!

Karla83401

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2006, 11:10:41 pm »
Batty,

I am sorry that you are facing this struggle with your son and his health. It is very scary and upseting. It makes a person feel so helpless when they know something is wrong and yet cannot get help. That is what happened to my husband. I knew something was wrong and yet the doctors were not willing to listen, until after he died. Then it was then they all said "You were right".

You and your son will be in my thoughts and I will be sending nothing but positive vibes your directions.

Karla
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2006, 02:22:04 am »
I'm sorry that is was a not good day Batty.  I've noticed you've been a bit withdrawn.  What can we do?  How can we help?  You know I'll be here for ya for anything you need!!!  Just say it, and if it's within my powers it shall be done. 

I think mental health check ins are good because some days where on here can you jump in with "hey guys, having a cruddy day here", especially in all the humor.  I should start a thread, but I'm so dang tired and looking at about 4 hours of sleep before the alarm goes off....so something for tomorrow.  Hang in there!!! 

Battyp

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2006, 07:40:06 am »
Thanks Karla and Mom...I'm keeping my fingers crossed the next door will be our blessing.  April 6th was the soonest they could see us.  It breaks my heart not to be able to help him or fix him and take the pain away.   :'(  The first doctor told him it was all in his head...DUH...it wasn't and isn't and now we have the proof and the diagnosis to back it up.  What really gets me is my son asked the first doctor if he could have what he has and the doctor told him nope.  Not only does he have it it has it bilaterally..how did the first doctor miss it?  Very frustrating not to go B*&^% slap the first doctor!

Karla83401

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2006, 08:38:55 am »
Good Morning Batty, Gennysmom and everyone,

Batty, hope that today goes better for you and your son.

Today I am facing a statistics class and a dirty house to deal with. Oh yeah then I need to pay some bills. So much for the good mood this morning.

Everyone have a great day!

Karla
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area

matti

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2006, 11:11:52 am »
Karla - I hate statistics. I am going back to school and that is one of the classes that I am fearing. My oldest son who is 23 siad he would help me, role reversal, that ought to be interesting  :-\ 
I might have to call you for help!
I have said it before in another thread, I think you and Batty are amazing and inspiring women, you have both been and are going through so much.

have a good one

matti

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2006, 11:34:18 am »
I second that Matti!!!  There's lots of inspiring people here, but Karla and Batty are right there on my top list!  I hope that even tho there's statistic's and waiting and bills in your day, that there are good things as well.  My good news of the day is that on my European trip, we were being joined by 3 of 4 Spanish exchange students that we had when I was younger, and their spouses...but the fourth wasn't planning on coming.  He's a cardiac surgeon, his wife is a pediatritian and they have 2 young girls, and it's just really hard to travel.  Got a note from him today and he wants to talk to his on staff neurosurgeon about me (he loves his job, a medical geek) and because of this, he's going to come anyway.  I'm very happy I'll get to see him!!!  So the whole "family" will be there for a reunion! Good day!

Battyp

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2006, 12:19:48 pm »
Gennys mom I can come and babysit for them! 

I got an "A" in statistic...hard class but had fun with it.  It also didn't hurt to have a college professor who loved the dog track.  I ran stats for him and he won 10K.  Think maybe that got me the A?  Of course he was fired for trading sex for a's...with the boys  lol