Author Topic: Do tears return???  (Read 16077 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Do tears return???
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 03:45:24 pm »
Although my surgery and radiation (FSR) were over 3 years ago, I still don't tear from the AN-affected eye (my left).  I had a very thorough eye exam a year ago due to necessary cataract surgery; the clouded natural lens was replaced with an artificial lens - an outpatient procedure.  I had the right eye lens replaced a decade ago.  The ophthalmologist performing the surgery saw nothing amiss with the affected eye (I asked) other than the clouded lens he replaced.  My eye closes naturally and only feels slighted irritated when I'm very tired or in windy conditions.  This is relatively rare.  I don't require eye drops and with the few exceptions I mentioned, have no eye 'issues'.  For all that, the affected eye still doesn't tear.  One learns to accept what one cannot change - especially when what one cannot change doesn't pose a problem and/or affect the quality of one's life. 

Jim   
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.