Author Topic: Choices ??  (Read 8503 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Choices ??
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 08:14:53 am »
I don't want a choice anymore.   ???I want God to come down (not a doc who thinks he's God) and say, "Sharon, this is the way."
Sharon

Sharon... if it were only that easy... so, will only say this... Maybe G-d is working in conjunction with your gut... and go with that...... :)

Hang in there!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

another NY postie

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 08:35:30 am »
Sharon, I hear you!  A friend told me the other day how much she was praying for me and I asked her and her family to just pray that I could come to a clear decision...I think this is agonizing!
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

nteeman

• Back to Mono
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 08:52:21 am »
Sharon,

It seems you want a choice where there are only Pro's and no Con's. Sorry but there are none. You will have to gather all the information and decide based on a method that offers a doctor that you believe in and Con's that you can live with. I don't think you can expect better than that.

Good luck,
Neal
Diagnosed 12/16/2008
AN 2.4 X 2.0 X 1.6 CM
surgery performed on 1/27/2009 Mt. Sinai Hospital, NYC
Dr.Bederson & Dr. Smouha
9:30am thru 5:50pm
http://www.facebook.com/neal.teeman

Darin

• The Running Tumor
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 07:48:08 pm »
My own journey of the AN is this: I am only 25, it's close to a 3cm AN and I wanted it out now. I knew right away that surgery was the way I wanted to go, and I was blessed with a brain surgeon who I felt immediately at ease with. The 'before surgery' time was really difficult for me, but learning, and reading on this forum was great for me. Hopefully you will find peace and confidence in your decision.
3cm AN on right side
Surgery July 1st, 2009
C'mon facial nerve, you can do it!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 10:32:45 pm »

It seems you want a choice where there are only Pro's and no Con's. Sorry but there are none. You will have to gather all the information and decide based on a method that offers a doctor that you believe in and Con's that you can live with. I don't think you can expect better than that.

Neal is absolutely right.  There is no perfect solution to an AN.  It basically boils down to a game of odds and you take what you feel is your best shot.

I also agree with Phyl that you should go with your gut.   

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jb11258

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 05:50:46 pm »
hi, i am new to this also. when i was diagnosed 4 yrs ago, i did research and found what i thought the best radiologist and best surgeon for this tumor. i have total respec t for them both. they both said they can do it, but it was my choice and reccomended each other for what i decided. Surgeon was Dr. Derald Brackman in house clinic in L.A. and radiation guy was dr. Steiner of university of virg. I think he is the founder of it. He might not still be around. Anyway I sent them both my MRI, and they were both honest. I suggest you look into into that. I was impressed that a dr. would reccomend someone else if that was the route i wanted to go.