Author Topic: Spanish speaking person with AN?  (Read 1299 times)

amye

Spanish speaking person with AN?
« on: June 08, 2009, 08:02:07 am »
Hi Everyone;

I am trying to help a friend who is scheduled for surgery for a very large AN this week. He is from El Salvador and does not speak English. I don't speak Spanish and I'm also new to ANs (I was just diagnosed in March), so I was hoping to find someone who could talk to him on the phone and help ease his fears and provide some support. 

If so, feel free to PM me with a phone number and I will pass it along to him.

Thanks!

Amy

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Spanish speaking person with AN?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 08:26:25 am »
Amy

I know a lot of hospitals will help provide translation services. Have you all spoken to the hospital to see if they can provide a translator?

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

amye

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:59:39 am »
Hi Phyl;

He has a translator to help with all the medical decision-making stuff...just thought another Hispanic or Spanish-speaking AN "veteran" might be nice for him. He can't access the Forum like so many of us do, and I'm concerned that he's going through this more "alone" than he could/should be.

Amy   

Vivian B.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 03:38:57 pm »
Hi Amye,

I speak Spanish and would love to offer your friend some support. I sent you a PM with details. Hope to hear from you soon.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

amye

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 08:45:19 pm »
Thanks Vivian! I will contact you tomorrow with his contact info.

Amy

Vivian B.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 05:41:06 am »
Hi Amye,

I have already sent you a PM with my phone no. for him to call me.

Thanks.
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.