Author Topic: situations leading to dizzy spells?  (Read 8518 times)

B9

Re: situations leading to dizzy spells?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 03:47:54 pm »
Cheryl,
Sorry for covering that again & thanks for the link. It was an excellent session.

Cheryl R

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 04:10:39 pm »
Don't feel bad if something gets duplicated.    Happens all the time as so many posts and hard to keep track of them all.     I didn't mean to sound rude as wasn't trying to be.     Just wanted to make sure that was  about something we had seen before and was same guy and info.                                        Cheryl R       
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

LisaP

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 05:09:34 am »
Hi Foodsmarts,

I too have noticed a change in my taste, items that should taste sweet taste bland.  When I am not sure I make my family taste it for me.   I have been calling them my taste testers.  Overall, food does not taste the same anymore.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

foodsmarts

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 04:50:12 pm »
Hi Lisa P. The taste perception distortion seems to come and go now for me. I've actually had a few days lately where a glass of red wine tastes like red wine and not red wine vinegar! I was resorting to smelling only and then letting my brain fill in the blanks for the taste part. Lack of sweetness means you lose so much in terms of overall flavor because everything is out of balance - you're right, nothing tastes right either too acidic or bitter. How about the taste of toothpaste or mouthwash? Ugh.

At one point, I also had a bad sort of serumy taste in mouth which made me borderline nauseated. Altoids to the rescue...I was semi-addicted to them for a while. They did the trick. Good and Plenty was also effective (and only $1.00 a box at WalMart).

Have you tried a ibuprofen to see if that helps?  Many people get relief of various symptoms by using it. Hopefully your "sweeties" will return to you at some point. Meanwhile your "taste testers" have an important job.

All the best, Helen

5.4mm X 3.2mm X 3.88 mm at diagnosis 8/28/08; 1.1 cm X .5 cm 6/16/09; CK Stanford Drs. Chang and Soltys 8/19/09