Author Topic: work  (Read 6000 times)

Battyp

work
« on: March 08, 2006, 04:53:14 pm »
I'm reallly just needing to vent I'm so upset.  My boss just kindly let me know that come august my services willl no longer be needed with the company even if I'm back to full swing.  They don't pay you enough under full time work to support yourself and won't increase my hours due to my budget not being enough and the amount she said I needed is not going to happen here...in fact I know of several programs that do not have that budget but have full time 40 hour a week employees...hmmm...

what's a girl to do?  It will be a long few months because if I leave no cobra so I've been told...so I have to stick it out and I'm miserable! 

thanks for listening!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: work
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 05:23:41 pm »
Hey Batty,
That just SUCKS.  Maybe talk to someone at the Americans with Disabilities office?  It would be good to know the real reason.  I was self-employed at the time of my surgery/diagnosis so no workman's comp or unemployment for me.  Along with the fatigue I have a few cognitive problems like a tough time concentrating.  Not to mention can't paint a vertical or horizontal line anymore, but who needs 'em.

There's no way I could have gone back to a job at all in the first 2 1/2 years after my surg.

Anyway--it SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. >:( >:( >:(

By the way--I love the name of the 120 foot sailboat we are going cruising on!

Chin up girl

AAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 05:53:37 pm »
Thanks Deb...I've already spoken to the eeoc, have an appt with vocational rehab next week and have applied for social security disability but haven't heard anything back yet.  I'm just freaking as I'm a sole parent and don't want to lose my house  lol

luv2teachsped

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 06:30:37 pm »
Hey BAtty!
    I'm with Deb.  I would check with your union and the ADA.  It seems they would have to give a reason for letting you go!   Good Luck!  Don't get discouraged yet, you've got a lot of people pulling for you.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.Luv2teach
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

matti

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 06:38:35 pm »
I agree, I think they owe you a reason. I would definetly call the ADA. I am so sorry this is happening to you.

Sending you a hug!

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

RadiantStar

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 08:44:31 pm »
Hey Batty
Fight like heck, we're right there with you!!!!! :-\

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 09:05:31 pm »
batty-wench, you know how to find me. You know how to reach me and let me tell you this, hun. I'm pissed FOR you and I'm ready to help you fight this, tooth and nail!  You hang tough hun. We all will help you get through this!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  >:(

(sorry Capt'n Deb, had to steal that from you, albeit temporary)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 07:39:02 am »
Batty-P

Sorry to hear about your work...that stinks!! 

I'm not sure what you do for a living...but have you thought of working for the Federal Gov't.  You actually get hiring preference with a disability...

Gary
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

Battyp

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 07:48:27 am »
I work for an educational company.  I've been there for 8 years almost 9.  Hey my marriage lasted 1 day short of 9 years and so is my employment  lol  Do we see a trend folks?

I've thought about getting on w/ the govt not much opportunity around here but am working on it.  I might have to move up to va which would put me closer to that shrimp and lobster!

It's not the job I mind giving up it's the health insurance and won't be able to afford to cobra it  >:(  I think that is the thing that scares me most.

thanks for all your support!

I like batty wench  might have to change me name..grrrr   :-*

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 09:29:36 am »
 Princess Batty Wench!
Sounds like a boat name to me!

I applied for disability 2 1/2 years ago and was turned down twice before I got a lawyer on it.  There a 2 types of disability--one for folks with great financial need and one for folks who have other resources, like a spouse with a job.  My spouse has a pretty good job, which is why I was probably turned down.. My case is still pending.

Suggest you talk to a disability atty.  You pay nothing unless you win and that's by law.  I don't know what I would have done if I had been a still single starving artist.  I didn't get married till I was 46!  Married my college art teacher--hell, I didn't go to college till I was 40!  Too busy being a pirate wench--seduce, pillage and plunder and all that.

We are here for ye, ye Batty Wench!

Seduce, Pillage and Plunder!
AAARRRR!!!
Captain Deb 8)
(I need a smiley with a little pink pirate hat!)

matti

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 09:42:31 am »
Capt. Deb - I wanna be a pirate wench! Is the pay good?  I already have an eye patch that I use for dry eye!

I am headed back to college at the age of 49, as I have some unfiinished business to tend to. I am very scared about my short term memory problem  :-[

have a great day!
matti

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

thecakes

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 11:00:13 am »
   Wow! Matti.  Thats great. you must be a very brave person, to go to collage at the age of 49.  With all  you been  through.  I know I have a big concentration problem and could never keep up.                 Batti, hang in there.  I'll say a prayer for you.

Battyp

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 11:11:31 am »
thanks

deb I dont' have a husband as he died 10 years ago.  I talked to a police officer last week who's wife had an AN and was turned down as he made too much money...I totally disagree with that one.  he said  she filed three times with attn and was still turned down.  I still won't know for a few more weeks where I stand but even so it's not enough to keep the house over my head and food on the table so who knows.  Not to mention no health insurance....

matti I know I've probably asked this before but what are you going to school for?  I've been considering it but frankly don't have the energy.

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 12:10:06 pm »
PBW
Just remember to take things One Day At A Time.  I kept forgetting this basic fact of life so I put it on my license plate ODAAT. Today you have a roof over your head and food in the fridge.  Doesn't mean you can't plan for the future, but it means LIVE in the day.  A great post to read is JDJ's who is having his/her surgery today. "Sometimes fate shoves us into another phase of our life without asking our permission"

I don't even know you, but I already love you like a sister!
(tear in eye) :'(
sniff  sniff

Your shipmate
Captain Deb 8)

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 12:14:25 pm »
Matti
Of course you can be a pirate wench!  All you need in a good imagination and a sense of humor!
Check out the "good morning" thread for further information.

Welcome aboard the Princess Batty Wench!
AAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!
Captain Deb 8)