Author Topic: Eye Care Video  (Read 8092 times)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: Eye Care Video
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 08:34:25 am »
Thx everyone!  And, BTW, I keep the recapped vials in my pocket, purse, car, glasses case, coffee table - you name it.  Never had a leak yet.  As Patrick said, you just have to make sure the top sort of clicks back on.  I find that I can get about 7-10 uses out of the "single" use vial!
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 07:56:57 pm »
Debbie that was awesome - great idea!!!!! Now lets get one up for night time taping or whatever others use!
You go girl- making a difference one day at a time!
Hugs Michelle  ;D

7 to 10 uses out of a single vial??? I get maybe 4 drops and that is it. I requested that Costco carry them and they are 3$ cheaper than anywhere else.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:58:52 pm by mimoore »
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

epodjn

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 12:36:29 pm »
Ya, tell us how you get 7 to 10 drops out of a vial. I am only getting 4 or maybe 5 at most. It's a little pricey for me since I am using drops every hour. But I love the way they work so I use them every few hours and then use the Refresh Liquagel drops in between. That seems to be working. I did put them in my pocket last weekend while traveling (I splurged and used them for the whole trip) and no leaks! But i sure did go through a lot of them.
Has anyone tried Tranquileyes? I was reading about it and wondering if it keeps your eye shut? The theory sounds good but my eye is really stubborn about staying closed and tape is the only thing that really works, and sometimes I pop that.
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 09:08:43 am »
I bought the Tranquileyes. My eye was stuborn and would not stay shut so I wanted to try it. The problem was I need to have the right amount of pressure on the lid to keep it closed (and then I was'nt really sure if it was completely closed) and in the morning I had eye pain from the pressure.
I use the foam from the Tranquileyes for my sun glasses and viola I can go anyway and NEVER worry about my eye drying out. See 'Eye wear' for my post with photos.
Now after saying all that you never know if it is going to work for you unless you try. Now that my eye closes more I may try again although I am getting to be quite a pro at taping my eye shut. PM me if you want to ask about night taping. I have never had any trouble with my eye. Frustrating times but no damage.
Michelle ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 09:45:08 am »
I had the same problem as Michelle with the Tranquileyes - eye pain from the pressure.   That's when I bought NITEYE, the dry eye comforter - they are pricey ($21.per box of 14).   I buy them by the case & save $.   On weekends I tape my eye (I only use the tape on Fri.&Sat. b/c in the morning I get fluid buildup at the base of my lower lid).
Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis