Author Topic: Facial Swelling  (Read 9113 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Facial Swelling
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 02:37:18 pm »
Hi Vivian,

Glad to know that some of these symptoms are not my imagination.  I too have pain or a funny sensation in my good ear.  Anyone know why this happens to the uneffected side?  Maybe Jim or Steve would know!

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I'm not a doctor and can't really diagnose your 'good ear' problems - but it doesn't seem possible they could be related to your AN.  Of course, I could be wrong.  I suggest you ask your doctor (the guy with medical training) about this.  You may have 'issues' in your 'good' ear that can be addressed before they have a deleterious effect on your hearing. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LisaP

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 05:20:20 am »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for replying, its hard to know what symptoms are related to the AN and which are not.  But it good to keep talking with people who have the same or related symptoms and know that it is not just me going around in this crazy circle called the AN world.

Did you read the lasted Newsletter on the 2007-20008 survey?  I did not get dx until March of 08 so I could not participate.  But I found the information very informative.

I also read most of your postings due to I find that you, Steve and Phyl are very "up" on the AN world of information and give great advise to us fellow AN's.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 05:27:07 am »
I also read most of your postings due to I find that you, Steve and Phyl are very "up" on the AN world of information and give great advise to us fellow AN's.

naw, we just sleep at Holiday Inn Express hotels :D

Lisa, curious about one thing.  Are you a seasonal allergy sufferer? We know things are rough around here (New England) right now and tree pollen and such has been noted for having a longer pollen season than usual. Just a thought....... as allergies are affecting my ears (which, eventually, affects my facial numbness).  Even as of last night, both of my ears were "closing" up on me.... even my non-AN ear.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

LisaP

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 05:21:47 am »
Hi Phyl,

Yes, I do suffer from seasonal allergies, since I quit smoking my allergy symptoms are much better but still there.  I take Zyrtec daily.  Do you see a connection with the AN and allergies?

(Red Sox vs Yankees tonight at Fenway)   Go Red Sox....

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

LisaP

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 05:23:24 am »
Oh, I forgot to mention this, has this happen to anyone else?  I woke up this morning with the tip of my "nose" tingling, what is that about?  Anyone?

LisaP :o
LisaP

Vivian B.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 07:29:47 am »
Hi Lisa,

It could be that due to the swelling, you can also feel some numbess/tingling. I get that on my AN side of the lip. It drives me crazy, it feels like it is drooping but it is not. I guess it is all part of the weirdness. I am beginning to feel like an alien. Hope you get some relief.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 07:42:24 am »
Hi Phyl,

Yes, I do suffer from seasonal allergies, since I quit smoking my allergy symptoms are much better but still there.  I take Zyrtec daily.  Do you see a connection with the AN and allergies?

(Red Sox vs Yankees tonight at Fenway)   Go Red Sox....

LisaP ;D

hey Lisa!  :-*  I find my "wonky head" kicks in a little more with the allergies.... some ear fullness.... but overall, tolerable for me.  Zyrtec... good stuff!  I can't say if there is an "official" connection between the AN and allergies, but some note typical AN symptom enhancement during allergy season. No scientific proof to my knowledge.

Let's hope tonight isn't rained out. Saw them last time they were in town! :)  Capt Tek's Grand slam, final score Sox win 16-11.  The evil empire is back and they're ours! They're going down! :D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

LisaP

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 05:24:10 am »
Hi Vivian,

Woke up again with my nose "tingling" doesn't hurt, just annoying.  I guess it all is just part of our wonderful AN world, but glad to know that I am not alone in this.

Phyl,

Those Yanks not only went down they crashed, hope Wake can do it again for us tonight!!

Take my Zrytec failthfully, but like I said, since I quit smoking allergies are better but still there.

Go Red Sox!!

LisaP ;D
LisaP

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 05:50:53 am »
Phyl,

Those Yanks not only went down they crashed, hope Wake can do it again for us tonight!!

Take my Zrytec failthfully, but like I said, since I quit smoking allergies are better but still there.

Go Red Sox!!

LisaP ;D

Hoping the smoking-be-gone is going to help... as well as the rain we have been having... and tree pollen is easing up now, so I'm hoping the allergies will now begin to aleviate.  BTW, Wang is having a lousy time and hoping Wake does the trick! Great outing by Beckett last night. Nothing like a shut-out to hopefully make them shut-up! :D

Feel better and hang in there!
Phyl

reg

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 11:20:04 am »
i am also experiencing the facail swelling feeling,so don't feel like the lone ranger and it's nice to know i am not hallucinating (smile) also facail fullness,tightness,numbness and novcaine feeling in my gums hopefully this will all go away with time hang in there ::)
4.5 cm retro surgical removal dec 06

LisaP

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 07:08:14 pm »
Yes along with the facial stuff going on I also experience pulling sensations in my neck and throat area.  Anyone else\?  I tend not to panic when a new symptoms appears due to my knowledge that I have gained through this forum.  Plus it is good to know that I am not alone.
thanks everyone,

LisaP ;D
LisaP