Author Topic: 5 year ANiversary, no celebration  (Read 10041 times)

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
5 year ANiversary, no celebration
« on: September 29, 2009, 01:56:27 pm »
After hanging up the phone from finalizing a date for my Translab for AN #2, I just realized today is my 5 year Aniversary for my middle fossa surgery.  Sure wish I was celebrating a clean MRI :'( :'(  boo hoo

patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: 5 year ANiversary, no celebration
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 02:35:36 pm »
BIG HUG!

I am sorry you are having a #2.

I am still going to wish you Happy  wellness Anniversary.

Another HUG from Oregon ...

DHM
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 04:16:13 pm by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 03:01:53 pm »
Patti ~

I agree that the irony of reaching a 5-year 'anniversary' of your original AN surgery at the same time you finalize the date for another AN surgery because the first wasn't totally successful in ridding you of the tumor, is like getting a divorce decree on the day of your wedding anniversary.  Well, maybe not quite as bad - but close.  I think that irony is highly over-rated. 

In the interest of avoiding cruelty, I'll skip the 'happy anniversary' wishes and, instead, wish you a complication-free and highly successful Translab surgery. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 04:15:10 pm »

In the interest of avoiding cruelty, I'll skip the 'happy anniversary' wishes and, instead, wish you a complication-free and highly successful Translab surgery.  

Jim

Goodness :o  I have no "cruelty" intentions here -only compassion. My only wish here is for Patti to find some happiness in this sad situation.

Again I am sending another HUG.

DHM

Mea culpa, DHM.  No offense intended- and I know you never intended to convey anything but compassion for Patti's situation.    Jim

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 04:21:47 pm by Jim Scott »
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 04:32:25 pm »
well, my dear YooTee!

I know you are in a tough spot with #2, but it is MOST certainly worth celebrating your ANniversary for #1 and I'll tell ya why.

You, m'dear, came through #1 as best as possible. You've done marvelously and based on ALL you have learned from #1, it gives you better insight into #2.  Now, 3rd times, in our world, is NOT a charm, so let's get #2 done with, fixed, overwith and gone.

So, celebrate a wonderful milestone in #1....... and let's take all you have gone through with #1, apply it to #2 and let's get this gone.

Healing hugglez..... from me, da bloke and da "toot" queen (yeah, she's sending them "healing toots" to ya!)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox *takes deep breath* xoxoxoxoxooxoxooxoxoxoxox *inhales* xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxoxooxoxoxxo *phew* xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo *almost done* xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox *ok, now done* xoxoxoxo *for added measure* xoxoxoxoxo *ok, that's it* :D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 05:35:27 pm »
Thanks everyone,  Jim, I actually kinda like your analagy ;D

We have a cold front blowing in today, so I have had the major wonky head and brainwreck,  just to rub salt into the wound, and to make it even worse  (shh, don't tell Phyl)  we are expecting a 30 degree temp drop and Splenda tonight/tomorrow.

Has not been a great day to say the least. The kids have a 4 day weekend , think I'll head south where it's suppose to be
 80 8)

Thank you for the hugglezzzzzzzzz phyl, toots too!

patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Vivian B.

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 08:09:06 pm »
Hi Patti,

Phyl could not have said it better. It's definitely worth celebrating #1. It cannot go unnoticed just because there is now #2. But since you are an expert at this, we will be celebrating #2 before you know it.
My best wishes to you.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

sgerrard

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 08:19:22 pm »
Today is the beginning of your last AN surgery. Hows that for something to celebrate?

We wish you all the best, Patti. You have paid your dues, it's time for some closure on this.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 08:31:07 pm »
Thanks everyone,  Jim, I actually kinda like your analagy ;D

We have a cold front blowing in today, so I have had the major wonky head and brainwreck,  just to rub salt into the wound, and to make it even worse  (shh, don't tell Phyl)  we are expecting a 30 degree temp drop and Splenda tonight/tomorrow.

Has not been a great day to say the least. The kids have a 4 day weekend , think I'll head south where it's suppose to be
 80 8)

Thank you for the hugglezzzzzzzzz phyl, toots too!

patti ut

Splenda not allowed. Too early in the season.  Shu' up! ;) :-*  :-*

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox
Hang in there!
P
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 08:44:28 pm »
I like Jim's analogy too  ;D

I'm with the others - a celebration of some sort is in order. 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

moe

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 10:36:02 pm »
No not the best ANiversary, >:(
When is your  surgery scheduled?
You'll breeze through this one! Hang in there.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 04:37:50 am »
Patti,
Big hugs coming your way.  If you want warm weather we have plenty of it here on the Gulf Coast of Texas!  I am hoping for no Splenda this year!!   You'll be a twice postie and then you will have plenty to celebrate.  Five years is quite a milestone.  My thoughts and prayers and positive energy are all coming your way.  Remember tears cause wrinkles and frowns use up too much muscle.
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 05:50:14 am »
Does Splenda mean snow?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 06:12:28 am »
Does Splenda mean snow?

Sara

yes, another nasty 4-letter word, IMO! :)

epodjn

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 01:48:18 pm »
Patti,
So I guess this means you made your final decision? When is the date? Yes, the weather here is crappy and causing amazing amounts of wonky head and brainwreck. We are supposed to be leaving for Jackson Hole tomorrow but with this weather I"m not sure what we will do. I can't imagine going into a high altitutde area with the storm. I hope you are at peace with your decision. You will do great. Dr. "A" might not have great bedside manner but he's an excellent surgeon.
Julie
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!