Author Topic: Surgery Scheduled for June 22nd  (Read 6466 times)

jerseygirl

Re: Surgery Scheduled for June 22nd
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 07:58:29 pm »
Molly and Bob,

Best of luck to you both during surgery and recovery! I hope both surgery and recovery are smooth and uncomplicated with minimal pain. By the way, Dr. McKenna has a wonderful reputation and is very experienced. You will be in good hands!

Eve 
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

elliemae

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 09:51:28 am »
Elliemae?

Are you going to be at MGH at the same time I am?  Let me know.

Hi, Molly
I'm not having surgery ... sorry to confuse you!  I was thinking about you and Bob ...
I had the proton treatment in Nov/Dec 08.  Hopefully it will work out and I won't be a surgery candidate in the future!

Best wishes to both you and Bob!
Elaine

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 02:22:51 pm »
Molly ~

Congratulations on attaining a surgery date!  I inexplicably missed this thread and apologize for the oversight.  Phyl  put you on the AN Treatment Calendar and I have you in my prayers.  You're good.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MissMolly

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 04:07:56 pm »
Thanks Jim,

Having the backing of others who have already been through it give me comfort.  Reality is setting in now...I got my pre-admission paperwork from Mass General with all my pre-op appointments, MRIs, chest x-rays and audiological evals scheduled.  Let the party begin!

Molly
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 07:37:49 am »
Molly,
Take a book that day or your laptop or both (That's what I did.).  The wait times were long.
Good luck.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

RES

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 11:37:18 am »
Molly,

Congrats on your date. I'm 4 weeks post op myself and everything is going great. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Good Luck!

Ron
Ron
AN 1.9CM Left Side
Middle Fossa Surgery @ University of Iowa 5/14/09
Drs. Gantz & Woodson (Great job!)
No major Post-op issues.

Donna R

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 08:42:07 pm »
Hi Molly...I am having my surgery the same day as yours, only I am in the Philadelphia area..we will probably be having it done around the same time! Though they haven't given me a time yet, just the day. I just went in last week for all of my pre-op testing. I haven't been feeling too well either, dizzy alot, so I think I am ready, even though I'm pretty nervous.  I am so thankful for everyone on this board, they sure make things easier!

Best wishes to you!

-- Donna
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 08:43:51 pm by Donna R »

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 02:38:09 pm »
Hi Molly,
Congrats on the date, Molly! I know it's scaring to get the date, but at the same time it's kind of a relief. A strange feeling! I'll be thinking of you and I'm sure everything will go smoothly and that you get a great outcome. I'm three weeks post-op today and I'm feeling much better than I ever expected at such a short time after surgery. I went to my work today just to say hello to my pupils (I'm a teacher) and wish them a nice summer holiday and it worked just fine, except from my SSD, which iI'm not used to yet.

All the best to you from Helene in Sweden  :)
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK

MissMolly

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 02:30:18 pm »
Thanks for the post op updates.  I was just reading a line of messages relating experiences when people 'woke up' from surgery.  It was helpful to hear many of them were joking around a bit.  I hope for the same. 

Thanks to all.

Miss Molly
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.