Author Topic: Introducing: Catlovers Spokesperson  (Read 1964 times)

grega

Re: Introducing: Catlovers Spokesperson
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 06:49:42 am »
Hi Mats .......  thanks for smiling at the humor-humour thing.  Mom's a "war-bride" from Down Under .... WW II war-bride for the young-uns ..... so I got an early education on differences in international spelling.  Always fun!

TP's advice is terrif, specially regarding the very long first day.  On my surgery day, family and friends stayed with Suzanne  .... but I didn't reallly know who was there, even thru post-op ICU.  Then she stayed many hours daily, even tho I was in no mood to receive visitors. 

One of best memories is the Sunday morning we left Hopkins.  We had to drive past the Baltimore Ravens' stadium where all the pre-game tailgating was sending delicious BBQ aromas thru the air .... much better food, I'm sure, than in the hospital!   Whoops .... sorry for dreaming.

I pray all goes well this week!

Greg
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:37:18 am by grega »
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

suboo73

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 05:47:30 pm »
Carolyn -
perhaps your husband could call another forumite post op and report on your progress.  We are a rather impatient crowd when it comes to "one of our own" having surgery and we get anxious waiting for an update. 

Sorry for the hijack, Mats  ;D  Jan

----------
Hi Largecat, and welcome to the Forum!  I love your sense of humour and look forward to your posts in the future.
I have enjoyed corresponding with Helene on the Forum and by personal message (PM), she is a wonderful person and truly dedicated to her family and all of her other children at school.  What a special person she is!

I am so happy you will be giving us updates on Helene's progress.  I know she has concerns about her surgery, but with you by her side, she will do great!
(Just remember, the first three days don't count, according to those who have had this surgery.)
Helene - best wishes on your surgery day!  I will have you in my thoughts and prayers!
------------------------
Carolyn, 

My thoughts and prayers are also with you!  I agree with Jan - please have someone send e-mail or call.  I have posted for updates for Kim (Zinger1095) and we have never met, though we live near each other.  [Kim- we really need to get together!]
I will be happy to post updates, and you can find my e-mail address on my profile.  Otherwise, a call to any forumite will also be great, whatever works best for your husband.
---------------------------
All my best to Helen and Carolyn and their families.  We are thinking of you and will be sending healing thoughts your way.
Stay strong and soon you will be 'posties!'

Take care,
Sue

suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Keri

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 08:41:17 pm »
Sue,
I didn't know that you lived in the area. I thought Kim and I were the only forumites in the DC area. I'm in Silver Spring.

sorry for the hijack.

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!