Author Topic: Nice video  (Read 2348 times)

11kirby

Nice video
« on: May 14, 2009, 07:57:31 am »
http://www.bonjour-docteur.com/sante-neurinome-la-tumeur-qui-brouille-l-ecoute-143.asp?1=1&IdBloc=Tout

Hi everyone,
For those of you who speaks french, here's a nice video (just copy and paste the link above in your browser).
For those of you who don't speak french, here's an idea of what it is. First, the journalist explains what an AN is. On the graphic, the green nerves represent the hearing and the balance, the red one is the facial nerve. Then, they explain the surgical procedure. 3rd part, they actually show the surgery. The beep you hear during the surgery is when the surgeon touches the facial nerve. In the last part, you see a woman who had an AN removed twice. After the firts surgery, her balance never came back. After the second surgery... I'll let you see for yourselves.
Enjoy
Marie Josée

(link fixed)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:12:52 am by sgerrard »

sgerrard

Re: Nice video
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 08:14:35 am »
It is a nice video. I don't speak any French, but somehow I think I know what neurinome de l’acoustique means.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 03:39:00 am »
Marie Josee

A picture speaks a thousand words. It  is not for the faint at heart to watch parts of the actual surgery. 

The machine used to test balance around minute 6 and 7 is new to me.  I like how they were able to measure it.

The last minute shows the gamma knife procedure too.

Thank you for posting it.

Kate

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 04:06:00 am by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:34:39 am »
Thanks for sending this link ..... most interesting!  I was particularly interested in seeing another type of machine to evaluate balance ..... I am regularly being tested on a similar device to evaluate my progress on balance ...... still shows zero vestibular function but my vision and muscular sensory have gradually improved.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 07:51:47 pm »
 Merci beaucoup!
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 04:59:52 am »
Merci pour montrer la vidéo à nous!  It was pretty cool to see the actual surgery (haven't had breakfast yet) but also to hear the French.  Reminded me of my years living in Montreal. 

Marci

3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.