Author Topic: MRI Today  (Read 1125 times)

mlouise073

MRI Today
« on: May 08, 2009, 07:32:38 am »
I had a tumor surgically removed March o7 and now I have severe symptoms of it having grown back.  I will be havina an MRI eother today or tomorrow to confirm...please kkep me in your prayers.  Have any of you had regrowth that quickly?  Mary in Nashville
8mm by 13mm located in left cerebellopontine angle extending into internal auditory canal growing toward brainstem. Surgery in March 07 with Dr. David M. Kaylie at Baptist Hospital in Nashville

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
Re: MRI Today
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 08:26:20 am »
I had mine march 09, so no idea yet.  There have been cases of regrowth, but since growth is usually about 2 mm per year, I wouldn't expect that much in 2 years.  Did you have your annual MRI last year?  If so, did it show anything at all?  What symptoms are you having now?

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:28:35 am »
mary what size was you AN when you had it removed, is this your ist scan since the op, what are your symptoms, will keep you in my prayers Annex
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 09:34:40 am »
Hi Mary and welcome.  I'm hoping the MRI gets done and will bring you news to help lift your spirits.  You are in my thoughts.

Again, welcome!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 11:54:00 am »
Mary -

I hope your symptoms are related to something other than regrowth.

Please don't worry too much until you have the results from your MRI.  At this point nothing is conclusive.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 01:18:18 pm »
Hi, Mary - and welcome, although I wish we could greet you under better circumstances! 

As Ernie ('EJTampa') stated, AN re-growth is rarely so rapid as to produce 'severe' symptoms within just two years of removal surgery, although, theoretically, anything is possible.  The MRI scan will answer your question about the cause of your re-emerging symptoms better than anything (or anyone) else can.  You may rest assured that you'll be in the prayers of many.  Please let us know the results of the MRI scan.  Thanks.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

suboo73

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 05:55:17 am »
Hi Mary.  I am hoping that you do not have ANY regrowth as well.  The MRI will tell the tale.
I had to insist to get an MRI after 12+ years misdiagnosis.

You are in my thoughts and prayers today.
Let us know the results of the MRI.
Stay strong.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

wendysig

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 10:18:11 pm »
Mary -
Good luck-- I'm crossing my fingers for no regrowth or anything else of a serious nature.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!