Author Topic: 2 Year Trilogy Update  (Read 2762 times)

Craig

2 Year Trilogy Update
« on: May 07, 2009, 08:17:55 am »
Good morning,

I wanted to give some of you worried about Radiosurgery an update on myself. I had 4 doses of radiation at Vanderbilt Medical

Hospital 2 years ago. They use a machine called Trilogy. My AN is the same size as it was 2 years ago and the doctor said that we are

winning. My hearing is the same as it was before radiosurgery.

I have competed in a half marathon and 150 mile bike rides so there is nothing that I can't do with the AN.

Stay focused and don't let it get you down. You will be fine.

Cheers,

Craig
1.78 CM AN / Vanderbilt Medical Center Trilogy System / 4 Radiation Treatments / 24gy total

Vivian B.

Re: 2 Year Trilogy Update
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 09:11:27 am »
Hi Craig,

Thank you for sharing your update with us. It is good to hear successful outcomes specially if you are considering the samy type of treatment. Keeping positive is always a good thing. Take care and keep us the good work.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 03:27:08 pm »
Craig:

We value AN success stories whether they involve surgery or radiation.  Yours is definitely one of those - and we thank you for it.  Keep on pushing!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 06:44:36 pm »
Craig -

thanks for sharing the story of your success.  Sounds like things are going great for you.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 06:33:15 am »
Craig! Great to see you! :)

Thank you SO much for this update. You know I've been following your situation since day 1 and know that I've been looking for these updates. Peeps have noted to me about the Trilogy system (as they go through the decision-making process) and I first think of you and how you are doing. This is more valuable than you know and I'm tickled to hear things are going great! Continued wellness wishes to you and congrats!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Betsy

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 09:02:59 am »
Thanks for sharing the good news Craig!  Your early posts were very reassuring in my pre-Trilogy treatment days, and it's good to hear you're doing so well.  I had the single Trilogy treatment 20 months ago, and my latest MRI showed necrosis and a little bit of shrinkage.  My hearing is unchanged too.

Congratulations on running the half marathon and on the excellent AN checkup Craig...wishing you many more of both!

Betsy
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009