Author Topic: I'm baaaaack!  (Read 1141 times)

zeek

I'm baaaaack!
« on: May 05, 2009, 09:17:06 pm »
Yes folks, the illusive Zeek is back. I go in Thursday for my 3rd M.R.I. since surgery Feb 08. I will be happy to report my clean M.R.I. results after Thursday. I'm that confidant! They will be clean, AGAIN.
I last told you I was celebrating my clean bill of health by taking a cruise in Jan. I did. And boy was it enjoyable. The last thing on my mind was hospitals, tests, docs, ect. I flew to San Juan Puerto Rico, and went clear down to Barbados. Great. 7 nights of pure pleasure.
I don't tell this to  "rub it in" but to inspire others who are, or have went what we have went thru to let them know, there is light at the end of the tunnel. And your enjoyment of life can continue. I'm living proof from being boarderline suicidal, to the way I am now. ( No drugs either)
Thanks again everyone for your support.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: I'm baaaaack!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:24:10 pm »
Zeek -

it's wonderful to hear such a good report from you  ;D

I remember you being "borderline suicidal" and I'm SO glad you are past that point.  See, we told you there was life after an AN - and we weren't kidding.

Good luck on Thursday, I hope your confident attitude proves to be 100% accurate.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Keri

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 07:03:11 am »
Good for you, Zeek! Nice to hear such a positive report.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 04:09:03 pm »
Hey, Zeek!

Man, it's great to not only see you post again but to learn that you're doing well and clearly enjoying your life.  Nothing like a tropic cruise to help you forget about AN stuff.  That you want to encourage AN 'newbies' is admirable.  In fact, I think you already have.   Thanks - and don't be a stranger!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.