Author Topic: Houston AN Support Group  (Read 1590 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Houston AN Support Group
« on: May 02, 2009, 06:09:03 pm »
We had a great meeting today!  One of the things brought up at our meeting was how many Aners don't know about this forum until after they have their treatment.  Doctors really need to steer their patients towards this wonderful group of people.  The information on this forum is so valuable and maybe people would or could make better informed choices if they knew about it before hand.
It was great seeing Pooter and Txsooner and of course all the others.  It is so nice to be able to put a person with a name, even when you have seen pictures.  In person is really nice.

Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Houston AN Support Group
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 06:16:33 pm »
Brenda -

It nice to hear you had a good meeting - and that you got to meet Brian and Patrick, among others.

Thanks for bringing up the forum.  It seems to be a well-kept secret.  Those who contact me because they received the WTT list from the ANA never seem to know it exists, so I always steer them towards it.

Even if AN patients or their family members don't want to register as users, they can learn a whole lot just by lurking.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

texsooner

Re: Houston AN Support Group
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 07:18:14 pm »
Brenda, I agree...great meeting. I really enjoyed putting some faces with names. Was great to meet you and Brian and talk to some of the other folks there.

As I've said before, I also wish I had known about this forum before my surgery. I believe it probably would have helped relieve some of the anxiety I had leading up to my surgery.

Maybe if this forum was noted more prominently in the ANA newsletters, more people would find it and get good information and support from the great folks here. Anyway, personally, I'm grateful that I finally did find this place after looking for answers for my eye and facial ssues that I had for several weeks and months after surgery.

Many of you guys have helped me a lot.

Good luck Brian on the MRI next week.

Patrick

3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.