Author Topic: ATLANTA GIRL SEEKING INFO ABOUT TRANSEAR  (Read 1924 times)

S A

ATLANTA GIRL SEEKING INFO ABOUT TRANSEAR
« on: April 29, 2009, 07:33:40 pm »
New gal from Atlanta just joining the forum in search of someone from my area who has the TransEar.

Anyone out there willing to discuss?
Diagnosed 6-2008
AN Rt Side 2.1 cm
Translab surgery @ House Ear Clinic 8-2008
Drs. Friedman & House (WONDERFUL)
Current Age: 52

Kaybo

Re: ATLANTA GIRL SEEKING INFO ABOUT TRANSEAR
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 08:02:43 pm »
SA~
I can't think of anyone right now, but I am sure someone will come along with some info to help you!  I know where I am in the top of Texas, there is NOTHING, but since you are in a big city, you shouldn't have any problems. I e-mailed the TransEar people and they got right back to me!
Good Luck!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

grega

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 08:31:23 am »
Hi S,

For quick viewing of posts on Transear, enter that word into the search box above to see lots of discussion .... suggest you click on "Got my transear today"

:)  Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

cindyj

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:14:18 pm »
Hello, S A!  I don't have a Transear, but I am an Atlanta Girl, at least a northern suburb of it!  I don't know of anyone here in Atl that has a Transear, but we're having a Support Group meeting in the Sandy Springs area in just a few weeks.  There's a very good chance someone that will be there will have one and/or enough knowledge/information to help you.  I'll send you a PM with my contact info and the particulars about the meeting.  We'd sure love to have you - this will be the first one the area has had in quite awhile, so we'll all just really be getting to know each other...

In the meantime, as Greg said, there is a lot of information here on the forum about the Transear...and BAHA as well.

Hope to meet you soon,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings