Author Topic: My Surgery updates  (Read 19999 times)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: My Surgery updates
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2009, 09:20:59 pm »
Laura,
You'll be running in no time.  Congratulations on your good progress.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2009, 10:03:25 pm »
You're making my plans seem possible Laura...Thank you. I'm hoping to get my surgery scheduled for no later than mid-June. I'm hoping to be back on the water by mid-July and if everything goes well paddle the 28 miles in the CCBC on Aug 15th. I'm not sure if I'm delusional but that's what i'm hoping for anyway. We're going to have a bunch of kids with much graver issues than I have watching and I feel like I HAVE to do it.

Even if the regular brunch isn't near that date I'm sure we can scare up a bunch of us willing to help you carb load... ;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:04:58 pm by stoneaxe »
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2009, 10:35:15 am »
Laura -

sounds like you're making great strides in your recovery - no pun intended  ;)

I'm glad things are getting better for you every day.  I found the same thing post op.

Keep up the good work  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Dawn

« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2009, 09:28:11 pm »
Hi Laura,

Just caught up on your progress, sounds like the first week was rough but that you are getting better day by day and thats all you can ask for.  I was so happy to read that your Facial Nerve is all intact and working properly.  Stay well, keep walking and getting better, soon you will be jogging again.

Tell your Mom I said Hi.

Talk to you soon
Dawn
Diagnosed 12/08...4mm Left AN in IAC...Wait and Watch for now...Next MRI scheduled for 8/09 Doctors not sure if its AN, Lipoma or Hemangioma????

Also diagnosed with Chiari I Malformation - looking into options for that