Author Topic: GK...Follow-up from Pittsburgh????  (Read 1774 times)

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
GK...Follow-up from Pittsburgh????
« on: April 26, 2009, 01:31:28 pm »
Just curious.  I had GK in Denver in Oct. 2008.  I have received 4 follow-up questionnaires from the GK center already.  I am not sure what they are doing with the data.  I need to ask.  Since the center has only been in operation since 2004, they obviously don't have any long term data yet, and I'm not sure if they are sending the data to Pittsburgh (seems like they should).  My doctor said he gets his research data from Pittsburgh....which is the "go to" place for GK (as Stanford is to CK).  I know one person on this board who has not gotten any follow-up questionnaires from Pittsburgh where she had her GK.  That seems disturbing to me.  I mentioned this briefly to my doctor, and he just said, "huh!"  He was in a hurry that day so I didn't get into it with him.  I plan to ask him on my next visit. 

Have any of you received any follow-up questionnaires from Pittsburgh or the centers where you had your GK (or CK if you want to chime in)?

Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

gordy

Re: GK...Follow-up from Pittsburgh????
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 01:42:45 pm »
i never had any questionars at all. had gamma knife in summer of 2007 in wisconsin.