Author Topic: New potential treatment for tinnitus (posted on Boston Globe website)  (Read 2215 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Mickey

Re: New potential treatment for tinnitus (posted on Boston Globe website)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:51:36 am »
Iv`e been thru Neuomonics Phyl.  It has helped me pretty much to make the tinnitus much more bareable. It`s expensive but was worth it with the level my tinnitus was ringing at. My insurance covered 2 thirds and from what I`m hearing more insurances are starting to recognize the process. As a matter of fact there is a possibility they may do a news report on TV which I`ve been contacted to be part of. Haven`t heard antything lately though. Best wishes, Mickey

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: New potential treatment for tinnitus (posted on Boston Globe website)
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 11:46:56 am »
Phyl ....

This was described at the Symposium ..... however, I had great difficulty hearing her at the roundtable discussion because of all of the room noise (kicking up my tinnitus big time!) so it is good to have the article for reinforcement.

As a side note; I wish more break-out sessions had included hand outs to take home.  The CART was wonderful for the whole group situations but I missed parts of the other things due to hearing issues in that environment.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011