Author Topic: Pain in the AN ear before treatment  (Read 1558 times)

aecom

Pain in the AN ear before treatment
« on: April 23, 2009, 07:59:22 pm »
Hi,

I was diagnosed with AN in my right ear.  While researching on the treatment option, I feel some pain inside the AN ear although it is not severe.  Surprisingly, I also have the same but weaker pain sensation in my left ear.  The high resolution MRI confirmed that my left ear is fine.  Wondering if anyone has similar experience before treatment.

Thanks!

Lilan

Re: Pain in the AN ear before treatment
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 08:06:17 pm »
I have some pain in my ear. Calling it a "stabbing pain" would be too dramatic, but it's more that type -- in that it comes and goes very quickly, rather than being a constant ache. It's not one of my more major symptoms, but it does happen.

I have read that pain is not usual, but it seems normal to me -- after all, things are being pinched and squeezed in there, and pain is the body's way of calling attention to something amiss! Perhaps that just means that "ear pain," per se, is not usually a major presenting symptom.

Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

Keri

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 08:32:02 pm »
Hi,
I had / have some pain sometimes in my AN ear, and also have had a bit of pain in my non AN ear. It made me wonder (pre op) if there was something happening on the other side as well. My doc checked it out and said no. Before surgery and even post op, feelings / tinnitus / sound and sometimes even pain  is always evolving and changing a bit (even in my non AN ear at times). I don't know why that is. If it were more severe in my non AN ear, I guess I'd be more nervous about it.

Best wishes to you - please keep us posted on your situation.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

alwaysthere

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 09:20:55 pm »
Hi,

I've been having pain - shooting pain in my AN ear also and wondered if it was normal.
Glad I'm not the only one and that others have had it. Sometimes mine is followed by dizziness. Has anyone esle had that with theirs?

Patty ???
Diagnosed 1/09 1.6cm left side
5/09 2cm
hearing & balance problems
Surgery Date June 25, 2009 St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester, Mn
Surgery went great, can still hear!!!!

"This too shall come to pass and life will go on"

Lupy

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 10:30:53 pm »
Hi guys,

Yeah I get stabbing pain and a heavy like feeling in my ear from time to time. I also get odd sensations and sounds in the other ear. I have had it all checked out and nothing strange is happening in teh other ear. I think AN's can just give you all round weird ear sensations - and being aware of the AN we become HYPER sensitive to ANY changes in our ears/heads! Well, I know I do anyway!

Lupy
“Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved” S. Kierkegaard

2.5cm Tumour removed 1/7/2009
Retrosigmoid @ The Royal Melbourne
Debilitating headaches/migraines from 2 weeks post surgery till current.