Author Topic: post gamma knife update  (Read 1180 times)

madison

post gamma knife update
« on: April 15, 2009, 03:31:32 pm »
hello. please forgive my lack of computer knowledge. i tried to reply to those who responded to my very first ever post and messed up. some of you wanted a little more info. so here it goes... i am a 37 yr. old female in n.j. i have a right acoustic neuroma 4mmx6mm. i had gamma knife in philadelphia last february. my 6 month mri showed some necrosis. i actually just got back from having my 1 yr. mri and i am too chicken to look at the films so i am waiting til my husband gets home from work. i also have a small meningioma that the docs are not too concerned with unless it grows alot. i have a vast medical history and i'm starting to feel like my purpose in life is to help the advancement of science! well, i'm hoping for the best and i will keep you posted. thank you so much for your stories, info, and advice. i am so grateful to have the technology that allows me to talk with people who can relate to my situation. ttys!
Pennsylvania:female: 40 yrs. old
R ACOUSTIC NEUROMA;GAMMA KNIFE FEB. 2008
multiple meningiomas
scheduled for translab @ Thomas Jefferson in Phila. Pa. on 6/18/2012

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: post gamma knife update
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 03:42:58 pm »
Hi, Madison ~

Your message got through just fine - and thank you for trying again!  :)

I'm pleased to read that your six-month MRI showed some necrosis.  I'm confident your one-year MRI will show something similar.  I regret that you've had to deal with so many medical issues in your life but you seem to retain a sense of humor about it, which is refreshing and positive.  Please attempt to post again and let us know the results of your latest MRI scan.  Thanks.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.