Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775226 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2400 on: April 20, 2008, 12:17:33 am »
Yvette, do you mean the descendants of the people who survived the Black Death are immune to AIDS?  Interesting, but how would you know if your ancestor ever had Bubonic Plague and survived?   Just curious?!

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2401 on: April 20, 2008, 06:18:43 am »
That's a good question, Sue, I think I'll ask my father-in-law.  Huge history buff and has traced his family back to the early 1600's.  Hmmm wonder if he would admit to pirates in the family tree???
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2402 on: April 20, 2008, 09:14:09 pm »
Brendalu, a family tree is much more interesting if ya got a scallywag or two up in the tree tops.  The blue blood thing is nice, but it's the horse thieves, the pirates, the accused witch, and folks of that ilk that make for interesting reading.  I've got all kinds of people hanging about in my family tree.  That's been a wonderful hobby for me and you learn a lot about history and about migration and about the Scotch-Irish, or the German migration, or the early Dutch colonization of New York That's one reason why I wanted to watch the TV show, New Amsterdam. My 11th great grandfather was Cesare Pietro Alberti, who was the first Italian immigrant to the New World and was killed by the Indians on Long Island  in 1655.  When he lived there it was New Amsterdam.

No evidence exists to know if any of my ancestors had the accursed AN or not!   ;)  As far as I know, I'm the one and only!  ;D  or maybe it should be  >:(

It's a hobby I highly recommend, if you like that sort of thing.  It's your own personal mystery just waiting for you.  And it's easier than you think.  TONS of stuff on line.

Sue in Vancouver

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Brendalu

« Reply #2403 on: April 21, 2008, 04:40:30 am »
Sue,
I'm sure my family has their fair share and I have been working on my family tree for a long time.  Pretty interesting stuff.  I intend to be the tart on our tree! ::)  I'm not nearly as far as you are, but I am plugging along.  I once had a boss who was a direct decendant of Captain Kidd.

Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2404 on: April 21, 2008, 10:05:29 pm »
196 visits to go.

Then it's party time aboard the good ship PBW. Rum, (i'm quite partial to souther comfort myself) for all.

Now, lets get back to the newest adventure.

As the good ship PBW sets sail for Jamaica (said with a Bob marley accent, slightly interrupted with another draw of the "weed"), the cursed crusie director has decided that the crew needs something to do during the cruise otherwise, they might start plunderin each others' treasures. A game she says, now young Phyl wouldn't hurt a fly so has come up with "reach for the tie".

That sounds a bit sissy yelss Captain Deb. Ok, then draw the plank instructs the cursed cruise director. the plank is stretched out over the rough seas and when you look down, them AN Sharks be waitin' (Hospitals with invoices!). The tie is then hung from the sail over the end of the plank.

The idea of this 'sissy" game, acccording to Phyl is to walk to the end of the plank and jump up and catch the tie. Sounds easy, but the tie is 1 metre above outstrectched hands. The captain reckons its easy so has volunteered herself claiming new found powers after all those funny coloured pills she's been taking.

the captain takes the first jump and falls short of grabbing the tie but bounces back onto the plank - a trial run she says. the next jump is higher, still short of the tie but comes down a bit awkwardly and wobbles on the plank.

"Right, this is war" .

The captain, without her wings, jumps as high as she can, grabs the tie but then is put off balance by a gust of wind (external forces here), hits the pllank and has verry wobbly knees, 9wobbly, not nobbly), starts swaying on the plank, to and fro, to and fro.

Stay tuned when we find out if the captain lands safely on the plank or slips and is supper for the circling sharks.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Brendalu

« Reply #2405 on: April 22, 2008, 04:44:30 am »
       Ah the ship is sailing and we're walkin the plank for fun?  I wonder what we do for punishment?  I'd have to have a lot of scotch under my belt for that one!!
I'm bettin on the Capt to stay sure footed all the way and grab the prize to boot.  Colored funny pills or not..........
Is the Sadie St John our macot for this trip?
Wench Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2406 on: April 22, 2008, 03:18:13 pm »
So's, I gotta stand on the PBW with the ship sloshing back and forth, and watch the Cap't bouncing up and down on a plank trying to grab a tie, which is fluttering in the breeze?  Gulp, me lunch is about to make a come-back appearance! 

*shuts eyes and hangs on to the mast for dear life*

Seasick Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Brendalu

« Reply #2407 on: April 24, 2008, 10:33:35 am »
I'm still dizzy thinkin about that walkin the plank and jumping to grap something!  WHew, where do you dream up these ideas???  The visual is priceless................
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2408 on: April 24, 2008, 01:46:47 pm »
*continues to dangle the tie over the plank to see who can get it!*  ;D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2409 on: April 24, 2008, 01:51:10 pm »
btw, I nominate MaryBKAriz for on-board official Journalist/News commentator, for accurate reporting she did in this thread re: the recent ANA Support Group meeting she attended:

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=6347.0

Accurate, full of facts, precise, easy to follow... and not a hint of Jay-Z and Beyonce's wedding update nor Britney Spears or Lindsey Lohan.

all in favor, say "Aye"!

Signed,
the always cursed, cruise director
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2410 on: April 24, 2008, 03:26:43 pm »
"Aye" - although I have to come clean and say that now that Britney's not acting strange anymore, Nicole and JLo have had their babies, and Lindsay is out of rehab (for the moment) things are a little duller than they were.  I kind of miss all the "excitement"  ;)

Guess I'll have to check out this thread more often,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #2411 on: April 24, 2008, 04:58:07 pm »
Jan~ 
Are you a People junkie too??  I am SO bad...but now I get the info a little late as my neighbor gives me her old issues - -not long after they are out though -- b/c I am a cheapie and cancelled my subscription!!

Phyl~
"Aye" -- but by golly, I have been asking for a job for weeks now -- do I have to beg???????????????

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2412 on: April 24, 2008, 05:44:58 pm »

Phyl~
"Aye" -- but by golly, I have been asking for a job for weeks now -- do I have to beg???????????????

K

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... well, lemme see.... *giggles* .... Ok, how about this?  You have a massive love for 3 curly girlies... so, how about you being on-board daycare/nursery Wench!  Keep all future-aged scallywags and wenches in line, teaching them the proper ways to be a twue pirate? :)  Whatta think?

(where the heck is Captn Deb!?!?!?! She needs to assign the jobs around this ship!)

Ok, all in favor of MaryBKAriz as official on-board roving news reporter, say "Aye"
All in favor of K to be Daycare/Nursery Wench to teach all future pirates the true ways of the seafearing life.... say "Double Aye"

oy.
*plunks head on keyboard*
ow!

I knew I was the cursed, cruise director.......... ::)

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #2413 on: April 24, 2008, 06:05:18 pm »
Oh Phyl, :o Thank you, thank you!

I am soooooo honored!!! I had to go back to page one of this thread......wow 2006! I do understand now about on-board Journalist/Commentator. What a FUN group this is. Okay, I'm on-board, have my steno pad and microphone.....Kay, you can do one while I do the other and take turns! Now off to work.....

April 23rd, on the high seas we have 85 staggering passengers donning various styles and colors of their formal velcro vests. As cameras flash we see all the weebles staggering down the red carpet to the ANnual ANnie Awards. It is the highlight of the year! Lindsay Lohan just arrived and is walking tin a straight line. It appears as if...gasp....she is under the influence. No one else on board has managed to walk this well with these high waves! There is no other explanation other than...gasp...she needs to go to rehab again! Instead of a Velcro vest she is wearing her gray hoodie. Yep, all the signs are there. She is heading this way "hey Lindsey....are you struggling with your demons again?????" She rolls back her eyes and snorts.

Next down the aisle is George Clooney, I don't even notice WHAT he is wearing or how he is walking. OOOPs I may not be doing my job too well here. I am star struck.... I am hyperventilating, what am I wearing???? That is the last moment I remember.  I awaken to doggie breath, and 2 wagging tails and 4 big brown eyes. Sigh, I am home. I am not on high seas like I dreamed. It still feels like it, though. Is the nomination true??? Too good to be true, Just like George Clooney!

You all are the best.

HUGGGGGGGLLLLES

Mary

Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2414 on: April 24, 2008, 11:09:10 pm »
Double-AYE on K's nomination  :)

And I think Mary is off to a great start - her reporting is even better than People!

To answer your question K, I was a loyal People subscriber for years until I had my kids - then my reading time was seriously compromised!  Taking care of twins and working a full-time job outside the house almost did me in  ::)  Now that I have a little more time, I refuse to pay the outrageous subscription price, even though I've been offered a "reduced" rate (yeah, right!)  So, I just read what I can for free on their website  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways