Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775080 times)

matti

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2235 on: February 21, 2008, 07:58:30 pm »
LAdavid - You've got a perfectly good scipt right here, I've always thought this "Good Morning" thread would make for a wonderful movie. Definitely not a PG rating though ;)

Welcome aboard the PBW

Cheryl aka Matti-wench/chef and guardian of the chocolates  (I think that was my job ???)
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

LADavid

« Reply #2236 on: February 21, 2008, 08:11:01 pm »
K
I knew you were kidding.  And Lori, you're right -- I don't play bad guys -- mostly ministers and doctors.  I can't tell you how many shows I've been on where I'm standing at graveside reciting the 23rd Psalm.

But maybe there is hope for that Pirate thing.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2237 on: February 22, 2008, 07:07:21 pm »
Sorry Capt Deb,

I've been hiding Sawyer up here in Ontario.  What a scene with Freckles last night ;D  I don't think I would EVER leave Sawyer's bed!!!  I knew Kate had Aaron, but I thought she left the island with Claire's identity.  To be continued next week.....
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2238 on: February 24, 2008, 02:09:22 pm »
Thought I'd better get back here to see what's going on.  Wow!  Movie people!  An Academy Award Winning Script!   :D   We may make it on Oprah yet!

About my nomination.  I'm so flattered.  But, I'm not sure if I would have the time right now for such a worthy position.  Our son left his wife and moved into an apartment. He had to sell back his dog, Jaz, to the breeder.  If you want to see how big and beautiful Jaz is, go to this site and look for The Girls and then you'll find Jaz.   

http://www.vomholtzberg.com/

We (mostly me) are dogsitting for four 12 hour days, Deigo, his Belgian Malinois. 

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/belgianmalinois.htm   - in case you want to see what they look like.

This is a high drive 8 month old puppy and I spend those four days walking the dog, and loving on the dog, and trying to retrieve shoes, socks, gloves, paper towel rolls, kleenex, and whatever else that dog snags, out of his mouth. We don't have a fully fenced back yard, so he can't roam free and he's either in the house or on the leash with me. I put him out on a long, long leash our son had, but he bit right through it in about 5 seconds flat.   Then there is the occasional misreading of his intentions, and I end up cleaning up a toxic waste "dump" from my living room carpet. Yuck.  :P  Then Friday, Saturday and Sunday is for the rest of the stuff that I didn't get done on the other four days.   Like today....I gotta clean this place up and get ready for another 4 days of Diego.  A quick week or two goes by and I remember that I haven't checked in with the Forum bunch in a while.  I'm not sure I could fill Laz's shoes anyway.  But I thank you for the nomination. Truly.  (PS.  I see they are going to make a movie with Jennifer Anniston and Owen Wilson out of the book, "Marley and Me".  I can't recommend this book highly enough.  It's hilarious. And touching.  And smart.  And, did I mention hilarious?  Read the book, people, read the book.)

On another note, I had an MRI last Friday and I'm supposed to be seeing the dr for the results this coming Friday, which I just realized is Leap Day.   This will be almost 2 years since I was diagonosed with my AN.   I learned what I had after my MRI in early March two years ago, right after I turned 60.  Now my 62nd birthday is Saturday, and I am confident that Dr. Modha will be giving me good news for my birthday present!  I am sure he will say that necrosis is continuing...if that's the right terminology.  I will post what he has to say, of course.  Wouldn't want to keep you guys out of the loop!

There was a new MRI machine in place at Rebound, where I go.  The Tech said that it was 30% faster and 30% better imaging than the old one, but, unfortunately, not 30% quieter.   It was acutally louder!  So, what kind of technology is that!  Anyway, I am lucky that I don't have a problem with having an MRI and, other than feeling like you are inside a washing machine/car alarm/proton accelerator, I was fine and in 40 minutes I was out of there and on to Trader Joe's. 

Okay, gotta go clean.

Love ya guys,

Sue in Vancouver
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 03:55:52 pm by Sue »
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2239 on: February 24, 2008, 03:11:45 pm »
You know, I don't usually read this particular thread because I came in late and I just get too confused as to where you're all going and where you've all been!  I mean, 150 pages you guys!!! It would take me days of reading just to get up to speed ;D

I must say though that I really like the Oprah cruise idea in conjunction with the 2009 symposium.  I'm hopeful a lot of forum members will attend so I can meet everyone.  If we do get a cruise, we definitely have to have Jimmy Buffett music in honor of all the Parrotheads on this forum (myself included).

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2240 on: February 24, 2008, 03:51:39 pm »
L,

gotta read all 150 pages to become a fully fledged wench (lol)

Sydney just had the QE2 and Queen Victoria rust buckets pass each other in our harbour. neither tin can is a match for our PBW.

Laz

p.s - Sue, looks like ya better sharpen ya quill and get loads of ink bottles out, rumour has it that some heavy pursuasion and ya might take on da job. And on your MRI results, positive vibes from down under.
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2241 on: February 24, 2008, 03:59:36 pm »
Gee, Larry, are we talking money here?  HA ;)

I know the writer's strike is over, but maybe I should have gotten in on the negotiations or somethin'.

Thanks for the Good Vibes from down under.   Take all I can get. 

Sue in, of all places, Vancouver.
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

matti

« Reply #2242 on: February 24, 2008, 08:02:32 pm »
Sue - Sending you pre-birthday wishes and big hug. I know your news from the doc will be positive ;D

Sounds like Diego is keeping you quite busy. I am sure you are having a great time, well except for the "toxic waste dump" lol

Hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2243 on: February 24, 2008, 11:01:45 pm »
Thanks Cheryl for the best wishes.  Yes, Diego is a real handful.  Our son left him alone in the apartment the other night, and had him corralled in the kitchen.  Well, Diego got into the garbage and ate something that made him have the "trots", and our son was up quite a few times during the night traipsing Diego out side.  I guess he made quite a mess.  So, he'll now be crated when David leaves him.  Poor Diego.  Poor Son.

Diego does fancy himself a lap dog and can be quite affectionate.  But  I don't care what he thinks,  he is hardly a lap dog sized dog.  I have bruises from his affectionate lunges. Ah, but he's lovable, despite everything.

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2244 on: February 25, 2008, 07:07:01 am »
L,

gotta read all 150 pages to become a fully fledged wench (lol)

Gee, Laz -

I've never been called a "fully fledged wench" before.  Not sure if that's something I should strive for or not  ???  LOL
One night when I can't sleep, I'll try to get through all 150 pages.  I'm sure it's great reading.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2245 on: February 25, 2008, 08:23:19 am »
Jan,

I read all of it in one night.  I think it was 109 pages at the time.  It was one of my sleepness nights. I laughed so hard I cried.  I came to a great understanding of the people on this forum and how kind, understanding and compansionate they all are and truly humorous.  It is worth the time it takes to read it.  I am proudly.............
Wench Brendalu or Brendalu Wench whichever comes first......................
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #2246 on: February 25, 2008, 04:59:43 pm »
Sue, Happy Birthday!  I too am looking at my 2 year anniversary of diagnosis....this week actually!  It's almost imponderable, all that I've been through in this time.  Cheryl, Lo and I are breaking open a bottle of Prosecco to celebrate, make sure you join us!!!  And anyone else that has a bottle of sparkly laying around!   Cheers everyone!

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2247 on: February 25, 2008, 06:45:43 pm »
Anniversary eh.

I'll drink to that - prefer a glass of Moet but!

a cracker jack day in Sydney town  today, bright blue sunshine and about 26 degrees. Its too good to work today and the headaches are unrelenting (oops, wrong thread). This is a our happy thread.

looking forward to lying under my favourite tree in the park nearby. I go there for a one, two and sometimes three hour rest (got a great boss, she doesn't mind as long as I do what I'm supposed to do, she's one in a million) - unlike our over demanding Captain who makes us swab the decks and stuff!!!!!!

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2248 on: February 25, 2008, 08:17:18 pm »
Brendalu -

thanks for the hearty endorsement of this thread.  I'll definitely have to take time to read it my next sleepless night.
There are many nights I could use a good laugh.

And Laz, save some of that Moet for me.  It's my favorite, and sadly, I haven't had any in years.  I'm thinking I need to make up for lost time  ;D

Jan

Lorenzo

« Reply #2249 on: February 26, 2008, 07:45:28 am »
I vote for Prosecco, but then I'm hardly impartial, it's from my region! I have a few bottles ready Kathleen, just let me know when to pop the cork(s)! On top of that, it'll help my blood pressure. Win win situation.

:)

Hugs you anniversary ladies!

Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.