Author Topic: 1 month after surgery  (Read 2067 times)

kemar

1 month after surgery
« on: April 11, 2009, 01:53:02 pm »
Today is one month after surgery at the house ear clinic in LA. Everything is going great! Had a great experience in LA. Tumor is all gone and rehab is going well. I hope to be back at work in a week or so. Thanks for the ones who prayed and ask how things were going. Please let me know if I can help in any way. I am glad I went to LA and saw Dr. Freidman.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: 1 month after surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 01:56:26 pm »
Kemar -

congratulations on the one month milestone!

I'm glad your recovery is going well. 

If you can, you might want to consider returning to work part-time before going full-time.  I did it that way and found it very helpful.  I was amazed at how tired I was after just a few hours of work - and I have a desk job; nothing physically strenous.

Let us know how things go. 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 02:45:10 pm »
Hi, Kemar:

I'm pleased to learn that your surgery was successful and your recovery is going so well.  Congratulations! - and thanks for updating us.  :)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 03:15:45 pm »
Hey!!!  So good to hear from you - I've been wondering how things went.  Sounds like all went very well for you - so glad.

I hope you'll be able to attend our Atlanta area support group meeting next month.  Still trying to nail down the exact date and spot, but looks like it'll be on May 23rd in the Roswell area.  Will be posting the details here by next week, I hope.

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings