Author Topic: Latest edition of Notes  (Read 1808 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Latest edition of Notes
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:14:21 am »
I got my latest edition of Notes on Friday - which was record time compared to the last issue.  WOO HOO! 

I thought it was a great issue - as always.  In addition to mentioning our incredible forum moderators - as someone (I think it was Ernie) already pointed out - I really liked the local support group meeting recap from 2008.  I really enjoyed seeing what the groups' meeting topics were and how many people attended each meeting.  I also thought it was great to see that a few of our very own forumites are involved in leadership roles (specifically Brendalu in Houston and DHM in Portland).  Kudos to both Brendalu and DHM  ;D  Did I miss anyone?

The article on the cover page by Dr. Michael Link was very informative and interesting and I was glad to see someone address the issue of surgery followed by radiation - something we've talked about on the forum in the past. 

And best of all, I noticed that the early bird registration fee for the symposium has been extended to May 1st.  I hope that encourages more and more people to sign up.  I'm really looking forward to meeting lots of you guys.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

Re: Latest edition of Notes
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:08:51 pm »
The web site says that Early Bird registration is until May 15th - I only noticed this and point it out because I'm still waiting on word about a family trip on whether or not we are going to make it!  I was glad the date had been extended & need it to be as late as possible!

Great to point out about Support Group Leaders - way to go Brenda and DHM - if there were a group here, I would definitely be involved!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 06:17:40 pm »
The web site says that Early Bird registration is until May 15th

Right you are, Kaybo.

Thanks for pointing that out  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 02:16:58 pm »
thanks Jan for sharing this! I read the article closely as well (surgery, then radio... where is our in-house expert, Jim, on that? :) )

I had noted to our Boston ANA support group leader about also doing a support group update for Notes... she shyed from it, noting she's not a writer.... the Boston meetings have gone well (elliemae, kbonner and others here can attest, as well as myself...) and hoping we are featured soon as well.  MAJOR kudos to the "other Pug" lady  :-* and to my dear dazy-hazy-mazy  :-* for their energies and efforts to help bring AN'er together in their communities!

I enjoy reading the letters to the editor... I never know who may crop up on those... hmmmmmm...... and nice to hear AN'ers sharing their questions/insight/experiences in the letters.  Hmmmm... much like here on the forums! :D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 04:14:31 pm »
thanks Jan for sharing this! I read the article closely as well (surgery, then radio... where is our in-house expert, Jim, on that? :) )

Phyl:

I commented on that article on March 20th, here: http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=9008.0.  The thread received only one reply, then was pushed back by the heavy traffic on this forum and eventually ended up in limbo.  Frankly, I was pleased to see the surgery/radiation approach addressed in the ANA newsletter.

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.