Author Topic: Reader Digest Story about M. Brown, NFII!  (Read 1694 times)

Rc Moser

Reader Digest Story about M. Brown, NFII!
« on: February 23, 2006, 08:38:41 pm »
This is probably old news around here, but I can across Aug. 2005 Reader Digest that had a story about a wonder brave lady who has been fighting rofibromatosis type II (NFII) for 21 years or so. When I think I have it bad, I read this story and immediately lifts my spirits. For some one to go through three operations, (one tumor was the size of a lemon), loose all hearing, get a Penetrating Auditory Brainstem Implant (PABI). and still going strong is Hero in the game of life to me. If you can come across this Aug. o5 issue of Readers Digest it's a worth while article to read and interesting to us with AN IMO.

I think most Libraries have back issues of most magazines, at least my local Library does. 
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.

Jeff

Re: Reader Digest Story about M. Brown, NFII!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 09:47:14 pm »
I am an NF2 patient at House, and have talked to Molly online. She is a great lady. You can read her article at http://hei.org/news/innews/readersdigest.htm She really is inspirational.
Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08